Author Topic: china town nymph  (Read 5181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
china town nymph
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »
today I went shopping (eina! give me a tackle shop anyday) with my wife and we stepped into a chinese shop...and I found a whole lot of good, cheap materials that can be used for fly tying


so, I decided to make a fly using only what I got in the shop (besides the thread and hook)


I doubt whether this will catch a trout!


Interesting materials: a range of colours of stretch elastic (can be used for ribbing as in this fly) some strangely coloured marabou, imitation guinea fowl feathers in many colours, dyed ostrich feathers in many colours (mainly herls), lots of beads etc




Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: china town nymph
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »
today I went shopping (eina! give me a tackle shop anyday) with my wife and we stepped into a chinese shop...and I found a whole lot of good, cheap materials that can be used for fly tying


so, I decided to make a fly using only what I got in the shop (besides the thread and hook)


I doubt whether this will catch a trout!


Interesting materials: a range of colours of stretch elastic (can be used for ribbing as in this fly) some strangely coloured marabou, imitation guinea fowl feathers in many colours, dyed ostrich feathers in many colours (mainly herls), lots of beads etc

 
Eeishh Ziggy, that is one BLING fly. :clwn
 
I'm willing to bet that in difficult conditions it will get you Troot, SM yellows AND some Cape Moonies at Toti. :hehe: :hehe:
 
Haberdashers are also a brilliant source for cheap materials. Especially different weights and colours of wire for ribbing and body materials.
 
Plus you also get to ask all the lady shoppers for directions and advise on the best goods that you need. w;k :hehe:
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: china town nymph
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:57:31 PM »
Ziggy all I can say is  (clap) .

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: china town nymph
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
Nice Fly old Chap  (clap)

Offline Debbie

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 540
  • Cred: 55
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Durban
Re: china town nymph
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »
Wow .........  (clap) (clap)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal