Author Topic: Why we joined Ultimate.  (Read 3124 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Why we joined Ultimate.
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Eeeeiiissshh, !
 
Now I know why I joined Ultimate.  :-)
 
http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?11870-Trout-snobs-and-Forum-wars
 
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Why we joined Ultimate.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Herman, and boy are we glad you joined UA!
 
Strange that our fly fishers ("wool chuckers") seem to be increasing, there is even a healthy interest and involvement in fly fishing by many of the other disciplines during their "off seasons".
 
I would be happy to see our fly fishing department grow and grow.
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline lebaka

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 860
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • i break bills
  • Location: boksburg
Re: Why we joined Ultimate.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »
agreed the amount of hand bag swinging on "other sites" is a absolute joke

i am happy and snug  :uarocks :tkx:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Why we joined Ultimate.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
Herman, and boy are we glad you joined UA!
 
Strange that our fly fishers ("wool chuckers") seem to be increasing, there is even a healthy interest and involvement in fly fishing by many of the other disciplines during their "off seasons".


 
I would be happy to see our fly fishing department grow and grow.

Thanks for the kind words Toppie.
 I was one of the first members on Flytalk about 8 years ago. Advice, trips to the Vaal for newbies ( which I was ), and good natured banter with the odd full blooded confrontation were the order of the day.
Sadly the "old guard" have got g*tvol of the crap that goes on lately. There is far less advice, trips arranged, etc. It's now "My dick ,or rod is better than yours. " 
 
See here to see what I mean. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?11601-Aaahhh-What-The-F-ck
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Why we joined Ultimate.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »
Herman - lets keep UA from going down that road!

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Why we joined Ultimate.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »
Herman - lets keep UA from going down that road!

Ziggy, most of the "hardcore" members from Flytalk are already on UA. I know I was very controversial ( which was totally unwarranted , and for which I apologised ) on here when I first joined.
UA forgave me for me indiscretion, plus the  advise on any topic is freely given.
 
I'm sure that with word of mouth and personal interaction we can  turn The Fly Fishing thread into a Must Read. :-)
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal