Author Topic: My catch this weekend  (Read 5073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
My catch this weekend
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »
after about 15 casts, I changed my fly and it was immediately taken by this fish - just as the sun slipped under the horizon. Not sure what it weighed - anyone have an idea?


no, that is not a miniature net!


sorry about the quality of pic - taken with my cell phone in the fading light

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »
Ziggy I know nothing about trout weights and lengths but I can recognise an awesome fish when I see one and that one is awesome! Congratulations.
 
 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:15:59 PM by Charles »

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:39:45 PM »
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?


but of course! I don't eat fish - especially trout

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?


but of course! I don't eat fish - especially trout


as the late Victor Borge would say 'Twoderful'but a nice fish by the way :-)
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline strandloper

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 588
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:01:26 AM »
Great Fish Ziggy!!

Have the same size net and never managed to get a trout too big for it.

Maybe stating the obvious, but must be 2.5+.
Num 6: 24 -26

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 04:55:23 AM »
Well done Ziggy!!
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 05:21:08 AM »
Nice one Ziggy, I have a net that size and compared thats a very decent fish.
 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:29:05 AM by Toppie »
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline krissi

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 789
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Underberg, KZN
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
Well done Ziggy  :rotfl  I can see it properly now with my glasses on  :blush: . It was nice seeing you again and meeting the better half this weekend - didn't see you when we left, so sorry I didn't say cheers.

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:24:02 AM »
Nice Fish , I say its in the 1.5 to 1.8 kg ball park  (clap)

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
Lovely fish bru, very streamlined, if I had to take a stab in the dark at it, I reckon less than 3kg's, but because its so streamlined im leaning towards 2.3/2.4 my pb was a very similar fish same sort of length and streamlined and was 2.43 kgs...

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: My catch this weekend
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »
Its a good size trout.

Congrats on the catch.


It is very difficult to try and guess the weight of a fish working from a photo.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal