Author Topic: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?  (Read 3681 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spickerish

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pta, Gauteng
My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
What other lure or colours would be needed? One can never have enough lures. All lures are in the 1-2,5 ounce region and there are still a good couple of dropshots not in the pictures. Not shown on the photo's is a couple of popper just bought and a couple of spoons(the onda's, s bend and Iron candy).

Let me know if there is any other lure I must consider and espesially colours.
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline deepblu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 577
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • support catch and release, fish for tomrrow!!
  • Location: jhb
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
missing some dropshots :hehe:

Offline Spickerish

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
Didn't really bother to take a pic of them but they are basically 5" jerk shad in chartreuse, pink, pearl and new penny with a couple of packets 4" and 3" inbetween from all the diffrent makes. Got a couple 7" as well for the boat.
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
Spikerish, if you dont catch fish with all those lures, there are no fish!
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
The next questions are: When & Where?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
Spickers, are you fishing from the side or from a boat?

If you're going from the side, then you're short on needlenose GT Ice cream plugs... use your normal plugs in rougher water (to make more noise and splash) and then the needlenose in clear water, they go faster and make less splash. In 2 and 3 oz, they are a must for any spinning session. I like your Starwalker stickbaits! Very nice!


Offline Spickerish

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
Taking the boat to Ponta Morrungulo from the 16-28 of December, plan is to hopefully launch in the morning for 2-3 hours and spend the rest of the day with the wife at the beach, READ wife reading book after book while I'm running aroud trying to get a personal best Gt from the side on light tackle. Hopefully It all works out according to plan
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline Spickerish

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 294
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
Reefman

I took the photo's last week friday to show a mate of mine and went out the saterday and spend another couple of buck just for incase, this consisted of 4 Needlenose plugs, another starwalker, small jig for the boat and the spoons previously mentioned. I can't wait to try those Starwalkers got 2 sinking and 2 floating. It's still a month away and already I'm battling to sleep at night!!
Trouble is just fun you got caught having

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »
As Reefz said those needle nose plugs are a must. They throw a mile too!

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
BasilManning brought out a Needle nose skinny... make sure you've got one or 2 of those...  :tite bru!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal