Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Abusing your rod
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Abusing your rod (Read 3467 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
icstuff
The Ultimate Clown
Ultimate member
Posts: 1105
Cred: 77
Gender:
It's the Water's fault!
Location: Meyerton
Abusing your rod
«
on:
July 30, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »
Check the abuse these chaps give rods and the one explains why so many tip section break for "no reason what so ever"
I cant even imagine bending a rod like that!
Echo Fly Rod Testing with Tim Rajeff and The Caddis Fly Angling Shop
Logged
Squid Happens!
J-Rock
Guest
Re: Abusing your rod
«
Reply #1 on:
July 30, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Serious abuse!
Logged
SAfish
Angler of the Month - April 2015
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 4238
Cred: 137
Gender:
Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Abusing your rod
«
Reply #2 on:
July 30, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
It breaks my heart to see these rods destroyed.
You can clearly see which part of the rod takes the pressure.
Logged
Wynand13
Senior Member
Posts: 285
Cred: 51
Gender:
Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Abusing your rod
«
Reply #3 on:
August 07, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Thanks for the video, but sad to watch, however if they never did this we would not have decent rods today...
I do not think that I will be able to do that to a rod
Logged
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….
Wynand13
Senior Member
Posts: 285
Cred: 51
Gender:
Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Abusing your rod
«
Reply #4 on:
August 07, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
I must say, he got me thinking I have unhooked flies with the tip of my rod many a time, and that is a bit
as a fly is R5 and a rod significantly more.... At least I learned something...
Logged
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
Fly fishing
»
Abusing your rod
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal