Author Topic: Abusing your rod  (Read 3466 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Abusing your rod
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »
Check the abuse these chaps give rods and the one explains why so many tip section break for "no reason what so ever"
I cant even imagine bending a rod like that!

Echo Fly Rod Testing with Tim Rajeff and The Caddis Fly Angling Shop
Squid Happens!

J-Rock

  • Guest
Re: Abusing your rod
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Serious abuse! :crzy

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Abusing your rod
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »
 :shk It breaks my heart to see these rods destroyed.  :cry:
You can clearly see which part of the rod takes the pressure.  (clap)

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Abusing your rod
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:25 AM »
Thanks for the video, but sad to watch, however if they never did this we would not have decent rods today...
I do not think that I will be able to do that to a rod
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

Offline Wynand13

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 285
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Krugersdorp
Re: Abusing your rod
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
I must say, he got me thinking I have unhooked flies with the tip of my rod many a time, and that is a bit  duh as a fly is R5 and a rod significantly more.... At least I learned something...
There’s more to life than fishing – a significant small bit that I haven’t figured out yet….

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal