Right - thank you. I did look for explanations but found nothing.
So the new 10ft STX version of the original is called the "Shore Jig" and is rated
3⁄
4 - 2½oz which is the same casting weight range as the original.
And then a totally new 10ft STX lighter casting weight range now called the "Spin" and is rated ½ - 1½oz.
I'm very happy with the current casting weight range of the original 10ft and find the tip responsive on 30-40g tin spoons and stiff enough to cast 70g plastics. I've also (very carefully) been flipping 1.5kg elf up the cliff with it and praying that it goes well. About 30 fish later its proven to have plenty backbone for this - but I do use momentum and caution here. Most fish about 1kg though.
Comparing the action and stiffness of the 10ft - how would you compare the original and STX? Just in case I ever need to replace my original...
Same range.
There are now 2 10' rods a lighter 1/2 - 1 1/2oz version has been added.
The one shown as "Shore Jig" on BM's site is the 10' 3/4-2 1/2oz.