0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Awesome looking bugs Rory! Noticed in the first one you're using a circle hook... have you used them before for fly fishing? And whats your experience with hook up rates?
Nice one Rory. Is that goose biot for the abdomin on the flashback? What dubbing did you you use for the mustard caddis?
That abdomen is actually wrapped black flashabou and copper wire for the rib, pic quality isn't to good on those small flies! The dubbing on the mustard caddis is Wapsi Superbrite, can't recall the colour name now , I'll check it for you this evening.
cool, thanks. I haven't been able to find a mustard coloured dubbing, I've either been blending chartreuse and rust or using plumber's tape and colouring it with a mustard marker pen.I really like that Paul's Slayer, I think that I am going to tie up a few with a CDC collar.
If you don't come right on the mustard dubbing let me know, I'll swap you some for some CDC. I went looking for CDC yesterday, all the stuff I found was !!!I reckon a CDC collar on that Slayer will be dynamite, good call!
Nice Rory That black flashback is a winner. I am still scared of the size 18's. My fingers gets to dumb at a size 16.
sounds like a deal, I've got bulk packs of olive and natural dun, picking up 2 smaller packs of black at the post office later today.
Dankie ou Swaer. Schweet man, I'll even buy some off you!!Let me get my ducks in a row, and we try organise a tying session this weekend??
Louis, I'll show you how to tie on #22s next time I see you, if I can do it anyone can.
.........but use the flash over the thorax, as a wing case, and then tie back for the "feather" effect.....
.....I wil tie a couple for Sunday, to show you. :sml: