Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need? (Read 3685 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Spickerish
Senior Member
Posts: 294
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Pta, Gauteng
My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
on:
November 15, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
What other lure or colours would be needed? One can never have enough lures. All lures are in the 1-2,5 ounce region and there are still a good couple of dropshots not in the pictures. Not shown on the photo's is a couple of popper just bought and a couple of spoons(the onda's, s bend and Iron candy).
Let me know if there is any other lure I must consider and espesially colours.
Logged
Trouble is just fun you got caught having
deepblu
Senior Member
Posts: 577
Cred: 12
Gender:
support catch and release, fish for tomrrow!!
Location: jhb
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #1 on:
November 15, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
missing some dropshots
Logged
Spickerish
Senior Member
Posts: 294
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #2 on:
November 15, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
Didn't really bother to take a pic of them but they are basically 5" jerk shad in chartreuse, pink, pearl and new penny with a couple of packets 4" and 3" inbetween from all the diffrent makes. Got a couple 7" as well for the boat.
Logged
Trouble is just fun you got caught having
Toppie
RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
Ultimate Legend
Posts: 1823
Cred: 0
Gender:
Location: Pretoria
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #3 on:
November 15, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »
Spikerish, if you dont catch fish with all those lures, there are no fish!
Logged
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!
John F
Moderator
Posts: 6563
Cred: 522
Gender:
Virtus et Honos
Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #4 on:
November 15, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
The next questions are: When & Where?
Logged
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #5 on:
November 15, 2012, 01:13:54 PM »
Spickers, are you fishing from the side or from a boat?
If you're going from the side, then you're short on needlenose GT Ice cream plugs... use your normal plugs in rougher water (to make more noise and splash) and then the needlenose in clear water, they go faster and make less splash. In 2 and 3 oz, they are a must for any spinning session. I like your Starwalker stickbaits! Very nice!
Logged
Spickerish
Senior Member
Posts: 294
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #6 on:
November 15, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
Taking the boat to Ponta Morrungulo from the 16-28 of December, plan is to hopefully launch in the morning for 2-3 hours and spend the rest of the day with the wife at the beach, READ wife reading book after book while I'm running aroud trying to get a personal best Gt from the side on light tackle. Hopefully It all works out according to plan
Logged
Trouble is just fun you got caught having
Spickerish
Senior Member
Posts: 294
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Pta, Gauteng
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #7 on:
November 15, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
Reefman
I took the photo's last week friday to show a mate of mine and went out the saterday and spend another couple of buck just for incase, this consisted of 4 Needlenose plugs, another starwalker, small jig for the boat and the spoons previously mentioned. I can't wait to try those Starwalkers got 2 sinking and 2 floating. It's still a month away and already I'm battling to sleep at night!!
Logged
Trouble is just fun you got caught having
Half-Pint
CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3712
Cred: 223
Gender:
Location: Boksburg
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #8 on:
November 15, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »
As Reefz said those needle nose plugs are a must. They throw a mile too!
Logged
REEFMAN
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 9766
Cred: 768
Gender:
Location: Jozi
Re: My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
«
Reply #9 on:
November 15, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »
BasilManning brought out a Needle nose skinny... make sure you've got one or 2 of those...
bru!
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
Saltwater Lure Angling
»
My lure collection for Moz, what else do I need?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal