Author Topic: looking for this fly  (Read 7247 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:32 PM »
I watched a video clip of Bob Popovics tying a surf candy. He stated that he likes using darker or denser materials for the lateral line. He states that when a minnow is swimming in the top water column with the sun behind it the lateral line appear much darker and provide a trigger point.


Tying the Popovics Surf Candy


Check from 2:35 for his explanation that might be a bit easier to understand than my afri-english.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:00:19 PM by Poenskop »

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
Thanks Louis, makes perfect sense. I like lateral lines as well as eyes and gills on my baitfish patterns.
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »
I tried to do the Step by Step last night but the macro mode on the camera did not work that well. Al you can see is a white blob on the photo. I will try again tonight.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal