Author Topic: looking for this fly  (Read 7252 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
looking for this fly
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:46:20 PM »
hello all fly fishing guru's
 
i have been searching for this white death to no avail... but instead of the multi colour ting- i need green ting (hope you know what i am talking about)
this fly was tied by JAy Smith
 
if anyone can tie one like this with the green- i dont mind buying few from them.
The white death i seen in the shop are all plain white
 

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »
Oh Rory .....................

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
Oh Rory .....................

Where art thou

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
Do you want the whole fly green(olive) or just the wing? I will make you a couple this weekend.

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
Do you want the whole fly green(olive) or just the wing? I will make you a couple this weekend.

Poenskop - not the whole thing -just the mulitcoloured crystal flash- i want that to be light green crystal flash hope i am making sense - something like pic below (pic is compliments of this website http://www.nsfa-adventures.com/STEP_BY_STEP_FLIES_CLOUSERS_LAKE_TROUT.htm)
and rest must still stay white...
 
i think about 5 should do- to end this season off... boet you life saver, i will sort you out.
 
Have you heard of a place "On the Rocks" in PTA??
 
 
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:17:43 PM by Quickbite »

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
Also- dont make it with a bead... thanks again boet  :udman: ...+++ cred for you

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
I will see if I can get the green crystal flash. Will let you know. What sizes where you looking for?

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
size 12 & 14 should be fine...thanks again

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
I will do 3 of each.

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:57 AM »
I will do 3 of each.

sweet- like i said,  :udman:

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17:11 AM »
Oh Rory .....................

Where art thou

 sry  Lol sorry I missed this! Cred to Louis for his help!!

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »
Hi Louis?? howsit going?? are you winning on this... lol- no pressure just checking up...   :lolo:

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
I had a bit of trouble sourcing the green Crystal Flash. Rory donated some chartreuse flash as a substitute. Sunday morning I decided to check Mias Woodmead and was lucky to get my hands on the last packet. I will finish them tonight or tommorrow in time for the weekend. Promise :-)


I am curious why you want it with the green flash and not the normal flash. I've got a theory regarding dark flash  for minnow imitations and was wondering if this might be the reason why you want the dark flash. Please let me know. I find this very interesting. 



 

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »
Pictures please, We don't understand all this scribble. he he he
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
I will do a S.B.S tonight and post it.

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
I will do a S.B.S tonight and post it.
Exactly my point.
S.B.S.???? - I hope it includes pictures
 :dunno:
I think tomorrow must be Friday.
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
S.B.S
Step by Step tying instructions.

Offline Quickbite

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 178
  • Cred: 10
  • Location: JHB
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
I had a bit of trouble sourcing the green Crystal Flash. Rory donated some chartreuse flash as a substitute. Sunday morning I decided to check Mias Woodmead and was lucky to get my hands on the last packet. I will finish them tonight or tommorrow in time for the weekend. Promise :-)


I am curious why you want it with the green flash and not the normal flash. I've got a theory regarding dark flash  for minnow imitations and was wondering if this might be the reason why you want the dark flash. Please let me know. I find this very interesting. 



 

boet- thanks for going the extra mile...
 
well i have used the plain white death before with great success - i am not sure why but when i caught the goldie- i used this particular fly- i cant remember where and how it got in my fly box... but i had three bites on it that day. the fish didnt want the plain white death
not sure what insect it imitates...but all i know it worked- maybe its just for that particular water, that fish are use to it or something... but please tell me your theory...  i am intrested.... i think its the flash that attracts them ..and then they nail it..
 
will call u in mext 10min -thanks again boet
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:49:27 PM by Quickbite »

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: looking for this fly
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »
I had a bit of trouble sourcing the green Crystal Flash. Rory donated some chartreuse flash as a substitute. Sunday morning I decided to check Mias Woodmead and was lucky to get my hands on the last packet. I will finish them tonight or tommorrow in time for the weekend. Promise :-)


I am curious why you want it with the green flash and not the normal flash. I've got a theory regarding dark flash  for minnow imitations and was wondering if this might be the reason why you want the dark flash. Please let me know. I find this very interesting. 



 

What's the theory Louis? Lateral line?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:26:48 PM by schloshd1 »
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks


 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal