Thanx Guys, that certaily does help a lot, I was suspicious of the anealing process so will stay well clear. These decoy hooks seem to be the answer. The problem I was having on the belly tribles, I am using a very bright Maria lure which has got a hell of a lot of action and is most certainly producing the goods, YFT, Snoek, Bonnies etc. Because of the extreme action of this wonderful little lure, the two prongs on the trebble are gouging a groove up either side of the lure, hence wanting to place singles. There are a good number of spoons on the market where singles have been placed face to face on the end on one split-ring and cross-over, good for not snagging on rocks and profiled not to affect swimming action, hence me thinking they might work for the belly format on the lure. It does make sense though to have them back to back or go the decoy hook route and have it facing straight down, good one
Thanx so much for the advice Guys, appreciated.