Author Topic: Elandskloof report back  (Read 5398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Elandskloof report back
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
Guys,

Just got back from a 10 day brake away to Dullies and surrounds.

I have attempted and completed my McNab challenge at Elandskloof last Wednesday and went back on Saturday to really fish hard...

The end result was a red letter 20 odd fish form 09:00 to 15:00  and this is despite the cold westerly winds pumping the whole day or the 30 odd mm of rain they received during the week.

It strange that that evening I heard guys complaining that there is not enough fish  in the dams ...















Some more photos













I will be fishing this venue this winter again as well as attending the trout festival they have on the 20th of August.

It been a long time since I have enjoyed the kind of hospitality like I had this past week in Dullstroom...

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
 (clap) Great report, Gerhard and  :clfoto: You make it look so easy.  :hehe:  :resp:

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
 :clfoto:

Very nice!

 (clap)
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Great report back on what seems like an awesome 10 day holiday.  (clap)

It's weird how opinions differ about a venue. Gerhard, I know you've read this, but maybe some other menbers haven't.

Please read the whole thread to get an overall perspective. :-)

One day, when I'm big I'll go for trout. Till then I'll hunt the easy SM & LM yellows in the Vaal and Orange.  :hehe: :hehe:

Admin: Sorry Herman, can't allow that link.
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »
Yea Herman,

I know about this report...

And I keep smiling at some of the "desk fly fishers" moaning and groaning about a venue...

Like I said,

I hammered them and had a very enjoyable day knowing in that same dam there are 4.5kg fish swimming around...

That evening while watching rugby and eating a fallow deer potjie listening to people complaining about the fishing.  :hyst:

I for one will definitively be going back later in winter not only for the fishing but for the whole weekend experience.  w;k
 

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
Wow! Great skills Gerhard! Nice report and well done!

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
hehehehehehehehe,  :geet

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
Nice catches there Gerhard :trout: I'm  impressed with the photography especially the under water shots

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »
Awesome stuff Gerhard  :clfoto: and lovely  :trout: there  :win:

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:17 AM »
Nice fish Gerhard!!  :envy I like the underwater pic with the fish and the Dragonfly fly, super stuff man!

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
Thanks guys,

Glad you like the photos...

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Elandskloof report back
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »
 (clap)....  :win:... Superb report ....  :tkx:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal