0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
SO Saturday morning my plans were drastically changed when my brother dropped off his 2 boys. Needless to say that they together with my little monster turned our house upside down. So Sunday I gave them the option of going to Rietvlei to ride their bicycles or do some fishing.Easy decision for them On arrival I set up 2 bait rods and 2 with spinners. It was mayhem trying to control the boys who just wanted to reel in including the 2 bait rods everyime I turned my back .After an hour or so nothing had happened, then the trout in the section behind started jumping around and immediately the boys wanted to put the lines in there. I asked for permission, & this is were the sinning began not knowing you can catch trout on bait . Boy I had no idea how much this was going to hurt my pocket .Needless to say the boys had a blast, as the bait hit the water the fish would be on it but getting the strike right was difficult for them and they were left with a bait less hook 8 out of 10 times but in the end I had to stop them at 3kg . They would of carried on all day.I managed 2 on spinners which was a first for me too.So in all a great but expensive day enjoyed by all but worth every penny to see those big smiles
Thanks gents much aprrciated, Matthew is always keen and is the best crew aboard Sea Quest and at sixteen will be promoted to skipper Nice one Manus.
Quote from: Prego on June 26, 2012, 08:44:50 AMThanks gents much aprrciated, Matthew is always keen and is the best crew aboard Sea Quest and at sixteen will be promoted to skipper Nice one Manus.My dad caught me with "Promoted to skipper" Now his catching all the fish. This how I started and love Fishing!Now they will want to go every weekend