ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on July 01, 2011, 12:28:27 PM
-
Hi guys thought I would start a thread where everyone can share their lure collections... Here is mine, i love lures :hehe:
-
I"ll do mine when im at home over the week end , need a wide angle lens though.. :hehe: nice colletion though Gareth.
-
Nice collection....
-
nice,
makes me want to unpack mine and dream. only problem is i have some here, some in joburg, reels and line here and rods in joburg so um, cant even give them a whirl :(
one day i hope to have all my gear on the same continent .
at least we get cheap braid here ;)
-
You have just opened a can of worms WK... will take pics later this afternoon...
-
This sound like a good way to crash the site :hehe:
-
:hehe: :hehe: thanks guys looking forward to your submissions :yipee:
@ Marcos :win: w;k
-
This sound like a good way to crash the site :hehe:
Just don't tell Jaenswart about this thread, otherwise we will!!
-
If I had to do that I would need huge bandwidth - and UA would crash....way too many....about 200 or more trout flies, 100 or so saltwater flies 100 or more bass lures and rapalas, 100 or more surf lures, 50 or so rapalas and lures for off shore .....and I am just guessing!
-
:shre: WK ...so when am i visting you to make a pick up ??? :hnthnt:
-
Just don't tell Jaenswart about this thread, otherwise we will!!
:lolo:
-
:shre: WK ...so when am i visting you to make a pick up ??? :hnthnt:
Kumz I will never give you my home address :hehe: :hehe: w;k
-
If I had to do that I would need huge bandwidth - and UA would crash....way too many....about 200 or more trout flies, 100 or so saltwater flies 100 or more bass lures and rapalas, 100 or more surf lures, 50 or so rapalas and lures for off shore .....and I am just guessing!
All those and I bet there are only 2 or 3 favourits, :hehe:
-
All those and I bet there are only 2 or 3 favourits, :hehe:
:hehe: thats how it always happens!
-
Kumz I will never give you my home address :hehe: :hehe: w;k
u may get stuck 1 day @ leeukop n i will have to give u a lift home ... :clwn ........ (bat
-
u may get stuck 1 day @ leeukop n i will have to give u a lift home ... :clwn ........ (bat
:lolo: Kumz you are normally too drunk to give yourself a lift home :hyst:
-
:lolo: Kumz you are normally too drunk to give yourself a lift home :hyst:
:hehe: ..if u see my collection you may feel so bad that u may invite me over .,... w;k
-
:lolo: Kumz you are normally too drunk to give yourself a lift home :hyst:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
:frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid :frid
-
:hehe: ..if u see my collection you may feel so bad that u may invite me over .,... w;k
:lolo: :lolo:
-
Here are minr that I have here in Gabon.....bringing more back next time....
-
(http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/markstotesbury/assortedusa014.jpg)
bottom drawer on tackle cupboard 1 of 4 drawers of poppers and stickbaits . plus heaps of deep sea, bass , estuary tackle all over the place
-
Dude,
If you dont want I,ll buy that bottom drew or all those lures from you...... :hehe:
(http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/markstotesbury/assortedusa014.jpg)
bottom drawer on tackle cupboard 1 of 4 drawers of poppers and stickbaits . plus heaps of deep sea, bass , estuary tackle all over the place
-
@TW - Great stuff! (clap) :win:
-
Here's a small selection of mine... doesn't include a box full of Poppers and Jigs, any of my dropshot stuff or my spoon collection...
-
The spoons collection is steadily growing...
-
Here's a small selection of mine... doesn't include a box full of Poppers and Jigs, any of my dropshot stuff and my spoons...
.
see you got a few of my originals in your collection , they go back a few years .
-
Went quickly to take a few pics of my lures in the garage... ended up with 23 pics!!!!!
Here are a few...
-
Some more...
-
Last batch, for now...
-
(clap) ....Amazing ... :shk ... :win:
-
Went quickly to take a few pics of my lures in the garage... ended up with 23 pics!!!!!
Here are a few...
Didn't you mean tackle shop? :hehe: Great collection.
-
TW ..dont show off ..ffs i cant post mine here cos i think u guys will carry more on a single outing ....
TW - awesome array ...Congrats
-
.
see you got a few of my originals in your collection , they go back a few years .
You're right! Well spotted! Those Jigs did some damage in Kilwa in 2008!! Think I have a whole pile of them in my other box...
-
busy sorting my tackle box today will post later today
-
here's my contribution to the global economy regarding lures, spoons, soft plastics.. :shk
-
Beautiful collection Mike... absolutely love the fact that I can't see one single treble hook!! +Cred for that!!
PS: You need a Black and red Halco max for your collection... exactly the same as the Halco Rap colours top right...
-
Thanks , yep all the trebles go , hate the things and on with the singles and decent split rings, cant wait to give them a good workover in the T/Kei , specially the spoons.. :hnthnt: :hnthnt:
-
Sheesh you guys will laugh at my collection. 5 spoons 2 plugs and 3 packets of dropshot :shk sounds even worse when I list it like that
-
Awesome collections guys, glad to see im not the only one who cant keep count of my lures, except you Brad w;k
-
Mias knows to come to me when they run out of stockw;k
-
:hehe: :hehe:
-
This is just more proof of why Angling is a bigger tax generator than all the other sports put together. Why o why do we need so many?????? Far more of us are caught than fish.
:fshn: :fshn: :fshn:
-
Why o why do we need so many??????
:fshn: :fshn: :fshn:
Cos we can. And some of them are VERY pretty.
-
Cos we can. And some of them are VERY pretty.
Ja they certainly are pretty ...can't stop buying them either.
-
its never a case of need its a case of want !!!!
-
lets look at it another way - is the number of lures you have in direct proportion to your age and the nuber of years you have been fishing - I have some lures that are over 30yrs old.....I have so many becasue I have had a very long time to collect.
The same applies to the number of rods and reels I have.. Way too many! (and a lot of them not used for years). Lately I have been giving rods and reels away to needy fishermen, because I will never use some of them again and rather than let them hide in a box in my storeroom, I would rather see them being used. Late last year I gave 4 boat reels and 6 rods to young anglers in Maputo (Maritimo had a programme for young anglers)
-
I have replaced all my rods and reels in the past year and donated 7 rods and 4 reels to less fortunate anglers. They were just starting to gather dust anyway. Two rods and reels were stolen from the angler I gave them to a week later. The wife will go ape if she knew how much I've spent on tackle and lures etc etc this year.
:nuts: :craz:
-
just cleaned up the man cave a bit this is what isn't packed away in boxes
-
Nice stuff Cam :happ:
-
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
-
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta
-
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta
:tkx: I have always wondered what the hook up percentage difference is from using wire or mono but have never fished an area where the toothy critters are dik, I guess I will experiment with this in December.
-
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta
:tkx: I have always wondered what the hook up percentage difference is from using wire or mono but have never fished an area where the toothy critters are dik, I guess I will experiment with this in December.
if you're trolling bibbed lure's the chances are something with teeth will nosh it so steel is the way to go. on the traditional magnums we will go for a meter or more of trace in front of the lure you can do less but its a bugger to roll and store a trace less than that without kinking it. Since we started trolling X-rap which you can you can pull at speeds up up to 16knts we've found you can shorten the trace as the fish has less time to check it out but its worth going heavier on the trace as wahoo will often hit lures at this speed and they have teeth like chainsaws.
-
@ Cam is that wire your rappies are rigged with?
Correct they have different gauges for the different lures and the trace length varies as well depending on whether we're looking for Snoek Tuna or Cuta
:tkx: I have always wondered what the hook up percentage difference is from using wire or mono but have never fished an area where the toothy critters are dik, I guess I will experiment with this in December.
if you're trolling bibbed lure's the chances are something with teeth will nosh it so steel is the way to go. on the traditional magnums we will go for a meter or more of trace in front of the lure you can do less but its a bugger to roll and store a trace less than that without kinking it. Since we started trolling X-rap which you can you can pull at speeds up up to 16knts we've found you can shorten the trace as the fish has less time to check it out but its worth going heavier on the trace as wahoo will often hit lures at this speed and they have teeth like chainsaws.
What are you pulling rappies from?? 50W??
-
:hyst: make that KM all the speedo's are set to metric on our boat
with the x Raps we generally stick to our TLD 25's with the drags locked tight they put a huge amount of pressure on the reels drags especially if you run the rods off you boards like we do
-
:hehe: :hehe: that's what I thought. We run them the same but no wire, so we loose one once in a while.
-
:hehe: :hehe: that's what I thought. We run them the same but no wire, so we loose one once in a while.
Have you noticed an increase in your strike rate with a fluoro leader Prego? I'd be willing to give it a shot if there was a definite increase otherwise it would be an expensive hobby feeding Couta lures?
-
Not personally but I plan to test this theory in December, my brother had a huge hook up rate in December using flouro and in a weeks fishing he lost only 2 lures, but he never tried steel.
sry for the hijack WK
-
Not personally but I plan to test this theory in December, my brother had a huge hook up rate in December using flouro and in a weeks fishing he lost only 2 lures, but he never tried steel.
sry for the hijack WK
(bat (bat
:lolo: all good bru!