ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: Ziggy on June 13, 2013, 04:02:51 PM

Title: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 13, 2013, 04:02:51 PM
....in the berg, fishing, tying flies, sitting in front of the fire, sipping wine.....I love being bored!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: super_daav on June 13, 2013, 04:29:52 PM
Agent!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Lichia amia on June 13, 2013, 04:34:00 PM
....in the berg, fishing, tying flies, sitting in front of the fire, sipping wine.....I love being bored!

Enjoy  :cnfzd :cry: 
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: isivuba on June 13, 2013, 05:15:55 PM
You bastid.....boring my a*s!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 13, 2013, 05:21:16 PM
You bastid.....boring my a*s!
-
 I would have rather be playing with my new boat this weekend - but still another week to complete the safety inspection rigmarole and get the Durban harbour permit - so being in the Berg is boring compared to putting the boat in the water for the first time.


The boat is fully kitted and ready, parked in my driveway and I stare at it many times a day.....
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: isivuba on June 13, 2013, 05:26:33 PM
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 13, 2013, 05:31:35 PM
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Rory on June 14, 2013, 07:48:17 AM
Eish nice Ziggy, hope the fish play along! Seems like theres a lot of guys flyfishing this weekend... :envy
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 14, 2013, 07:57:13 AM
 :envy
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 07:57:27 AM
Eish nice Ziggy, hope the fish play along! Seems like theres a lot of guys flyfishing this weekend... :envy


Cold weather is good for trout I always think - pity I have to fish the dams though....will be visiting one of our club's trophy dams so hope to hook a bus or two (but anything will do actually)
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Rory on June 14, 2013, 07:58:18 AM
Have you ever fished Lake Curragh?
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: icstuff on June 14, 2013, 08:08:28 AM
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!

Haters are going to hate
I am hunting large mouth the weekend, and then have another 3 weeks of R&R from the 21st  :crzy
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Lichia amia on June 14, 2013, 08:14:10 AM
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!

Haters are going to hate
I am hunting large mouth the weekend, and then have another 3 weeks of R&R from the 21st  :crzy

Eish , good luck and remember your thermal underwaer !
 
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: icstuff on June 14, 2013, 08:15:44 AM
Lol and the hip flask is going as well!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: super_daav on June 14, 2013, 08:40:26 AM
Really cool video!!
 
http://vimeo.com/21580651 (http://vimeo.com/21580651)
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 08:54:20 AM
Have you ever fished Lake Curragh?


I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 08:55:15 AM
Lol and the hip flask is going as well!


never go without - but only Jack D in the flask...cant stand scotch!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 08:57:18 AM

[size=78%] [/size]
Eish , good luck and remember your thermal underwaer !


never ever go without! But am leaving the float tube behind this time.....rather use the rowing boats instead....much warmer
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Rory on June 14, 2013, 09:17:16 AM
I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend

Ah OK. Didn't they used to be part of the UHTFCin the past?  :dunno:
Drove past there again on Sunday morning coming back from the Kei, theres just something about that lake that always makes me twitchy - definately on my list of must fish spots!!
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 09:20:43 AM
I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend

Ah OK. Didn't they used to be part of the UHTFCin the past?  :dunno:
Drove past there again on Sunday morning coming back from the Kei, theres just something about that lake that always makes me twitchy - definately on my list of must fish spots!!
Due to dwindling membership - the club has reduced the number of dams that it manages - so that it can efficiently stock the best fishing dams. Some dams have become marginal (weeds, bass accessibility etc)


Club has about 200 members now (down from over 1000 ten years ago)  due to no younger members joingin, petrol costs of getting there etc
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: deezynking on June 14, 2013, 09:44:56 AM
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


 (bat :hehe: :hehe: :crzy :crzy
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: deezynking on June 14, 2013, 09:45:41 AM
ziggy you lucky son of a gun...Congrats on your new  boat  (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) :happ: :happ:
Title: Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
Post by: Ziggy on June 14, 2013, 09:57:39 AM
ziggy you lucky son of a gun...Congrats on your new  boat  (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) :happ: :happ:


thanks bru! its tiny and for harbour fishing...unlike the other beeeg boats on UA
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal