Author Topic: Cold and boring long weekend......  (Read 9815 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Cold and boring long weekend......
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
....in the berg, fishing, tying flies, sitting in front of the fire, sipping wine.....I love being bored!

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »
Agent!
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
....in the berg, fishing, tying flies, sitting in front of the fire, sipping wine.....I love being bored!

Enjoy  :cnfzd :cry: 

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »
You bastid.....boring my a*s!

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »
You bastid.....boring my a*s!
-
 I would have rather be playing with my new boat this weekend - but still another week to complete the safety inspection rigmarole and get the Durban harbour permit - so being in the Berg is boring compared to putting the boat in the water for the first time.


The boat is fully kitted and ready, parked in my driveway and I stare at it many times a day.....

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »
Eish nice Ziggy, hope the fish play along! Seems like theres a lot of guys flyfishing this weekend... :envy

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:13 AM »
 :envy

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 07:57:27 AM »
Eish nice Ziggy, hope the fish play along! Seems like theres a lot of guys flyfishing this weekend... :envy


Cold weather is good for trout I always think - pity I have to fish the dams though....will be visiting one of our club's trophy dams so hope to hook a bus or two (but anything will do actually)

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
Have you ever fished Lake Curragh?

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!

Haters are going to hate
I am hunting large mouth the weekend, and then have another 3 weeks of R&R from the 21st  :crzy
Squid Happens!

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »
Ziggy you telling us that you fishing, drinking, and tying flys and when you get back it gets BETTER!.......  :cry: :envy


I never thought of looking at it that way - you are a sharp dude!

Haters are going to hate
I am hunting large mouth the weekend, and then have another 3 weeks of R&R from the 21st  :crzy

Eish , good luck and remember your thermal underwaer !
 

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
Lol and the hip flask is going as well!
Squid Happens!

Offline super_daav

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 855
  • Cred: 74
  • Gender: Male
  • Lower Zambezi 2009
  • Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
Really cool video!!
 
http://vimeo.com/21580651
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »
Have you ever fished Lake Curragh?


I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
Lol and the hip flask is going as well!


never go without - but only Jack D in the flask...cant stand scotch!

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:57:18 AM »

[size=78%] [/size]
Eish , good luck and remember your thermal underwaer !


never ever go without! But am leaving the float tube behind this time.....rather use the rowing boats instead....much warmer

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend

Ah OK. Didn't they used to be part of the UHTFCin the past?  :dunno:
Drove past there again on Sunday morning coming back from the Kei, theres just something about that lake that always makes me twitchy - definately on my list of must fish spots!!

Offline Ziggy

  • Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1672
  • Cred: 182
  • Gender: Male
  • Teeth that bite!
  • Location: Durban
Re: Cold and boring long weekend......
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »
I havnt  - when I fish the dams - I only fish UHTFC waters - being a member and all, I dont pay rod fees. I also fish Giants Cup sometimes when there are no gusets there, my buddy owns the place...in fact I am staying right next door this weekend

Ah OK. Didn't they used to be part of the UHTFCin the past?  :dunno:
Drove past there again on Sunday morning coming back from the Kei, theres just something about that lake that always makes me twitchy - definately on my list of must fish spots!!
Due to dwindling membership - the club has reduced the number of dams that it manages - so that it can efficiently stock the best fishing dams. Some dams have become marginal (weeds, bass accessibility etc)


Club has about 200 members now (down from over 1000 ten years ago)  due to no younger members joingin, petrol costs of getting there etc

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal