ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: Ziggy on March 24, 2013, 06:05:28 PM

Title: My catch this weekend
Post by: Ziggy on March 24, 2013, 06:05:28 PM
after about 15 casts, I changed my fly and it was immediately taken by this fish - just as the sun slipped under the horizon. Not sure what it weighed - anyone have an idea?


no, that is not a miniature net!


sorry about the quality of pic - taken with my cell phone in the fading light
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: Charles on March 24, 2013, 06:12:06 PM
Ziggy I know nothing about trout weights and lengths but I can recognise an awesome fish when I see one and that one is awesome! Congratulations.
 
 
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: dodger on March 24, 2013, 06:39:45 PM
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: Ziggy on March 24, 2013, 06:57:14 PM
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?


but of course! I don't eat fish - especially trout
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: dodger on March 24, 2013, 07:07:55 PM
nice fish Ziggy, catch and release?


but of course! I don't eat fish - especially trout


as the late Victor Borge would say 'Twoderful'but a nice fish by the way :-)
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: strandloper on March 25, 2013, 01:01:26 AM
Great Fish Ziggy!!

Have the same size net and never managed to get a trout too big for it.

Maybe stating the obvious, but must be 2.5+.
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: PH on March 25, 2013, 04:55:23 AM
Well done Ziggy!!
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: Toppie on March 25, 2013, 05:21:08 AM
Nice one Ziggy, I have a net that size and compared thats a very decent fish.
 
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: krissi on March 25, 2013, 07:10:30 AM
Well done Ziggy  :rotfl  I can see it properly now with my glasses on  :blush: . It was nice seeing you again and meeting the better half this weekend - didn't see you when we left, so sorry I didn't say cheers.
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: Lichia amia on March 25, 2013, 07:24:02 AM
Nice Fish , I say its in the 1.5 to 1.8 kg ball park  (clap)
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: WalkersKiller on March 25, 2013, 08:53:08 AM
Lovely fish bru, very streamlined, if I had to take a stab in the dark at it, I reckon less than 3kg's, but because its so streamlined im leaning towards 2.3/2.4 my pb was a very similar fish same sort of length and streamlined and was 2.43 kgs...
Title: Re: My catch this weekend
Post by: Gerhard on March 25, 2013, 10:10:18 AM
Its a good size trout.

Congrats on the catch.


It is very difficult to try and guess the weight of a fish working from a photo.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal