Author Topic: Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012  (Read 5004 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
We are off camping - on lawn for a change - at Amigo's near Ventersdorp.

Anyone else planning an outing there?

I would appreciate some guidance from anybody familiar with the place and the fishing techniques.

We will fish conventional - pap, mielies, floaties, bier en 'n skaap ribbetjie op die braai.

Backup bait will be braaid boerewors for baber - I can vouch for this - it works.

All baits will be cast.

I feel like leaving the keep net at home as we like making a fuss over any fish caught and that is also the best time to get the biggest smile on the angler's face for the photo.
 :carp:
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
I'll also be testing the old recipies: brown bread with ........
Custard powder.
Currie powder.
Vanilla essence
Egg yellow essence
Rum essence
etc.

for some reason, I think these old baits have been neglected in recent years.
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline Herman Jooste

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 682
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vanderbijlpark
Re: Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
I'll also be testing the old recipies: brown bread with ........
Custard powder.
Currie powder.
Vanilla essence
Egg yellow essence
Rum essence
etc.

for some reason, I think these old baits have been neglected in recent years.

One you forgot,
 
Brown bread "doughed" with Windhoek Draught. w;k
 
In the Cape it works with with Spar doughnut rolls :crzy
 
There again the Cape Carp don't know that brown bread exists.
 
They are far too used to Caviar in Truffles. :crzy :hehe: :hehe:
 
 
If we caught fish on every trip, it would be called " Catching". We don't, and that's why it's called "Fishing".

Offline AndriesH

  • Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 481
  • Cred: 69
  • Gender: Male
  • Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »
Scweet like a lemon - if the fish they don't bite and there is any left by Sunday morning - for sure.
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Anybody at Amigo's / Rietspruit this wekend ? End April 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:20:45 AM »
 :tite .. Watch you don't use too much Curry powder now ...  :hehe:

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal