Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
New Hanover Bass Competition
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: New Hanover Bass Competition (Read 5832 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Fish-Hunter
Senior Member
Posts: 263
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Durban Amanzimtoti
New Hanover Bass Competition
«
on:
February 28, 2012, 01:29:24 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to find out if anyone is fishing in this competition. It takes place in the New Hanover area and apparently there are 16 Bass farm dams that may be fished in.
It takes place on the 17th of March 2012. I was considering entering this competition and was wondering if anyone has fished it before? It has been running for a few years already and sounds quite good from what I read about it.
Thanks in advance,FH
«
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:30:23 AM by Fish-Hunter
»
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #1 on:
February 28, 2012, 08:07:21 AM »
bru!
Logged
Manuel Junior
Ultimate member
Posts: 579
Cred: 35
Gender:
Location: Maputo,Mozambique
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #2 on:
February 28, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
Logged
Parasite
Senior Member
Posts: 191
Cred: 22
Gender:
Location: Waterfall
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #3 on:
February 28, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
Hello, yes, I've fished these comps before. Unfortunately cannot this year. I can honestly say that they are extremely well orgainised and managed. Rules are not heaviest fish, but longest fish per dam wins the prize. 1 x Adult & 1 x Junior.
I normally fish dam No. 15 and have had some success there. Hauled one out at 58cm last year but was topped by59.5cm. Take your Kayak along as it is safe to fish this dam. No crocs. Try the dam wall. I find the Strike King 7" Watermelon red works well around the dam wall.
Get there very early and collect your goodie bag, nomally at dam No.3. You can camp there overnight for a small fee. All dams are well posted, and you receive a map when you sign in depicting all the dams. They will warn you which dams have crocs in. Want to get ride of some-one give them a rod and let them wade.
Enjoy the day. Tight Lines
Logged
Fish-Hunter
Senior Member
Posts: 263
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Durban Amanzimtoti
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #4 on:
February 28, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
Thanks guys,
Parasite you mentioned to take kayak with,I will be using my inflatable. How big are these dams,I don't want to use the inflatable if the dams are small.
And thanks for your reply.
Logged
Parasite
Senior Member
Posts: 191
Cred: 22
Gender:
Location: Waterfall
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #5 on:
February 28, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
Some of the dams are small, but No.15 is a fairly large pond. They have a slip-way to launch a boat, but you cannot use a petrol motor. Only electric sneaker motors allowed. But, hey, don't be despondent, you will see hundreds of people there fishing from inflatables, kick-boats, kayaks, canoes the whole lot. If it floats, they will be on it fishing, on all dams. They are well spread out so you won't be able to fish them all, but what the hell.
Last year there were over 1000 people registered to fish.
Go out, take the family and have a great day
. Normally I take my wife and grandson, we braai, swim and both of them were rigged and fished from the shoreline
and
caught fish. BUT GET THERE AT SPARROW F..T.
«
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:59:53 PM by Parasite
»
Logged
Fish-Hunter
Senior Member
Posts: 263
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Durban Amanzimtoti
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #6 on:
February 29, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »
Hi Parasite,thanks for all the info. I think I will take my inflatable with as I have a sneeker motor I use on it.
It sounds like loads of fun,you should try and make it.
Thanks again,FH.
Logged
Parasite
Senior Member
Posts: 191
Cred: 22
Gender:
Location: Waterfall
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #7 on:
March 01, 2012, 06:43:55 AM »
Love to join you but I'm financially strapped, haven't had a good innings job wise. However hopefully thing will improve.
Logged
Fish-Hunter
Senior Member
Posts: 263
Cred: 28
Gender:
Location: Durban Amanzimtoti
Re: New Hanover Bass Competition
«
Reply #8 on:
March 01, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Hey Parasite,
Sorry to your about your run of bad luck of late,I hope
Things improve drastically for You soon!!!
«
Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:51:34 AM by Fish-Hunter
»
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
New Hanover Bass Competition
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal