Author Topic: League at Rooibult aka Erasmus 18 Feb 2012  (Read 3609 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Naruto

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 566
  • Cred: 30
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Freshie
  • Location: Pretoria
League at Rooibult aka Erasmus 18 Feb 2012
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »
We had our third league event of the season at
Rooibult yesterday. Was tough due to the chang
in the weather during the previous night and
during the comp. Rain started and stopped
about 50 time... And eventually is got warmer
with the sun showing its face round about 1
o'clock. Caught my first fish(carp) about five
minutes into the comp with swd on one hook and
garlic float on the other. Buttervanilla/caramel
mix on the bomb. Distance was around 110.
Then things went quiet. My peg mate caught a
small grasscarp and a 3.5kg grasscarp during the
day while I just sat and watched... I tried
everything I could think of. About two hours into
the comp I switched to both my Bazooka rods
and started fish as far as I could. Tried TCP snail
on one rod and other stuff like mielies on the
other. At one I started feeding a spot about 50m
out. My peg mate caught fish at this range and I
wanted to see if we can keep the fish in the
area. Around us the other guys were also not
catching a lot of fish. Then for some reason the
guy left of me started catch a few fish and he
finally had his net in the water. I started to
worry... Dropped one rod in on the feeding spot
and the other I loaded with the same bait I
caught my first fish with, but add FX on the
bomb. I let rip and cast it out as far as I can cast
a M1 with bomb against a slight wind. Rod didn't
lie for 5min when the reel starts screaming.
Land another carp. Load the same baits etc and
cast out again as far as I can. After about 20mins
I catch another carp. Land it and bait up again
with the same baits and this time I probably
added another 5m on the cast as I hit it just
right. About 20mins before the hooter I land a
carp over 2kg. What a feeling. 3 fish in the last
hour and 4 for the day. Total weight 4.4kg. My
peg mate ended with 3 fish total weight 4.5kg.
We won the zone and our club ended third for
the day.
“Every search begins with beginner’s luck. And every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.”

1.   “…whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth."

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: League at Rooibult aka Erasmus 18 Feb 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
 :win:

Awesome stuff Clint!!!!

Offline D.B

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • me and my boy
  • Location: HENLEY-ON-KLIP
Re: League at Rooibult aka Erasmus 18 Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
 :cgrts:
 
Awesome stuff !!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal