So too take my fly fishing to the next level I sent Santa a little note with my wish list for Xmas .Mrs Clause was kind enough to get me a fly tying kit for Xmas, tree hoorays to her . Now barely being able to tie my own shoe laces this was gonna be a nice challenge. I made a booking at Rory’s Fly tying School of Excellence and got a very prompt response and the date was set. The big day finally arrived and I was off to Rory’s.
The class room was in Rory’s newly finished bar a work of art on its own and sure to become legendary in the months to come. Under the Masters instruction we done a couple of basic fly tying knots, moves and manoeuvres to get a feel of things . The Caddis colours were selected Olive , gold and red in the colours of my favourite 3 year old KWV product.
I threaded up and the tying started , a question here ,some advice there and in no time we had Lichia’s first fly the Kallie Caddis .