Author Topic: Cannon Rocks winter scratching  (Read 4933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline AD97

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 136
  • Cred: 4
  • EC till I die.
  • Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Cannon Rocks winter scratching
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »
Well this is my first catch report on Ultimate Angling.


This past holiday with the world cup and all has really flown by, and the week at Cannon was no exception. The fishing was rather quiet :fshng:    but I still managed a new species on the last morning, so I was and still am pretty stoked about that.


We fished at our usual reef called "double point bay" a couple of times, all we managed was a blacktail(caught by myself and a small Cracker caught by my dads best friend from East London who joined us on the one weekend. I caught the blacktail on chokka and sandprawn(my favourite scratching bait for the Eastern Cape).


On the last morning before we packed up we went to the "Wreck" at Cannon. I baited up with a butterflied Red Prawn and the favourite Sandprawn. A few "tap taps" and I thought it was few curious Golden Stripeys (Karenteen), a few "tap tap's" later and I decided to strike. I reeled in the slack and waited for another "tap" and I hit him. VAS!!!!


I was using my light Blue Marlin scratching stick, gees even for a little guy he put up a decent fight. My first White Steenbras (Pignose Grunter)!!!! All in all it was a wonderful holiday as usual. I cant wait for December for Raggie Time in the Kariega River Mouth with WalkersKiller(Gareth)!


I love fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pce :ayb :win: :tite :uarocks
 

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Cannon Rocks winter scratching
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
 :ayb report AD, makes me wanna fish the Eastern Cape so badly right now! Hopefully when december comes we can get a few big Raggies and some of those Gully Sharks again... Im sure the Sandy's will be wild and maybe we can get a blue ray or 2, Stephan caught a 25kg Blue Ray 2 years ago, I would love to get into one of those!

We must also fish bats Cave, try and get a bronze bream or 2 and some bait w;k cant wait bru :fshstry

Offline AD97

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 136
  • Cred: 4
  • EC till I die.
  • Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Re: Cannon Rocks winter scratching
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Thanks bru. I will try post more pics later. It says my maximum file size allowed is 440KB?????? Maybe Reefz can help out?


I have to go to Varsity now. TAX and then Accounting. FML :unhap
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Cannon Rocks winter scratching
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
Unlucky bru, not to rub it in or anything but I only have 3 days of varsity a week :clwn

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal