Author Topic: Bronze Bream Trace  (Read 41001 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline krissi

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 789
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Underberg, KZN
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
Nice article Fritz - the Ladies Nationals are in Border in Feb and we will definitely be targeting BB (or blue fish) so I will definitely mention this to our guides - once I have practised it!  w;k  I look forward to seeing your baits.

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
 :tkx:  Fritz will give this a try next week when I am down there.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Thanks guys.

Will post some photos on how the whole trace looks. You can make your twisted section shorter if you like. I prever making mine longer so that the float sits further away from the bait. You can allso make a Rapala knot instead of the twisted end that I use. It is faster this way for me when the fish are biting and I have to make a new trace.

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
Excellent! thanks for sharing Fritz!  :win:

Offline Half-Pint

  • CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3712
  • Cred: 223
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boksburg
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »
 :corrct: lekker trace there Fritz + cred for posting your secrets

RAPALA56

  • Guest
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
I know a winner when i see one... This is it.
GOOD 1 Fritz

RAPALA56

  • Guest
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
 :shre:  Frits, i will try this trace as soon as i can. BB is my favorite eating fish. Thanks and tite lines for you. :happ: :win:

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
Having problems with posting pics so I will explain what to do.
 
I use a double hook trace most of the time.
Firstly I make the bite trace 35cm. That is from the bend of the hook to the end of the line before it gets tied to the three way sviwel.
 
So start by tieing the hook to your three way. then tie a piece of line to your three way witch will go down to your next sviwil. This should be just a tad bit longer then the tied hook snoot.
 
Now tie the next hook snoot to the bottom three way. This one should be a bit shorter then the top one. ( its closer to the rocks then the top one.)
 
Lastly, tie a line down that will atatch your sinker . This should just be a bit longer then your hook snoot.

Offline zulu-X-treme

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 94
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Richards Bay - Kwazulu/Natal
Re: Bronze Bream Trace
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »
I really like what I see... Thanks for the post and I'm definitely going to try it...

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal