Author Topic: False Bay Boat Report  (Read 10282 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Cant speak for other boats, couldn't get down to slipway yesterday was in a recording with some musos.
But the boat that lives here at my house got 30's a man.

The guys must have spoken because today there is a heap load of boats sitting just of Millers slip, the same place the resident boat got it's fish.

Can see the buggers from my office window - Pure torture! :+

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 09:42:44 PM »
Thursday 29th

Wind screaming most of the week. Calmed down this evening and sea not looking too bad.
That's about that.

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 06:49:26 AM »
1 & 2 August

There have been good catches of snoek in Buffells.
I have not been to sea for a few days as my bakkie's diff has decided enough is enough and the years of salt water abuse underneath the bakkie have all but compounded problems.

The resident commercial boat on my pavement has been doing very well and the guys have had nice big snoek in good numbers.

There ARE yellowtail coming out but they are hard work and not feeding with any ferocity. Lots of katonkel too.
The tail are in all the ususal places but as I said, they are hard work. Most of the fish I know of coming out this side of the world seem to want deep divers and yamashitas, not great news for the spinner guys but right now they are backline fish. Have no doubt that will change.

The katonkel however are more than happy to jump onto the spinners.

That's it from me for now...

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 08:25:44 AM »
Tusday 10th

The guys had very good catches of snoek in buffells yesterday.
Lot of boats with up to 100 a man. Chokka are around too. I am not sure if they are in Simonstown but I did see marks on my way in on Saturday.

Still no good catches of yellowtail. Someone needs to let them know they can eat now...

Offline juanita

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Noordhoek, Cape Town
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
We used to catch a lot of Snoek in the Bull nose area in the 80's. We used to go down after work and catch 10 or 20 before it got dark . With so much Snoek around lately & in the Miller's area who know's , might be worth trying , maybe for the guys on the fishing ski's ?

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 09:09:02 AM »
Ja, my old man used to catch them from the wall there when he was in the navy.
The marks I saw were chokka though. There have been odd catches of snoek, either a lot or very little off Roman Rock area the past few weeks. So I am sure they must be close to that area.

All I can say is hurry up Mid September I am desperate to catch a yellowfin.

hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 08:01:28 AM »
The Grapevine...

I heard of a few longfin. I can't confirm or deny as it was slipway talk. Soon as I found out I'll post what I know.
Too early but this is the ocean and what do I know of it's ways othern than when you think you got it waxed you fall on your arse.

Thursday 12th
Snoeking dropped right off with a few boats returning MOMBAK. Tuesday and wednesday were good then the east and bad catches.

Lets see what today holds. Still the odd tail around, seeing them at the slip but they are few.

Lots of whales in the bay this morning. Saw 6 just on the way back from the kids school, the road I was on was only 3kms from where I got on and tunred off, so that's quiet a few in a short space of time. And NO it was not the same one...  w;k


hammertime

  • Guest
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »
Wed 25th

Snoek have been eratic over the past few days but so has the weather.

Some fish on the Gordons Bay side and yesterday some at the point. A few boats up to 50's a man but the fish was at the bellows.

The odd & I do mean odd tail is coming out on the deeper bait lines. The fish ARE there and hopefully when the weather can pick a direction it wants to come in form, then things will settle and the little yellow buggers will feed.

Counting down the days to the first tuna run.

Offline 1309sg

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Cred: 2
  • Location: Jacobsbaai/Citrusdal Western Cape
Re: False Bay Boat Report
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
HT, how's the fishing? You should try and keep this up to date pls?

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal