Author
Topic: Longer shank hooks  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Fish-Hunter

• Cred: 28
Longer shank hooks
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »
I'm looking for leadheads with longer shank hooks especially in smaller weights.I found the Lions brand had but the tackle shop only had them in 1/8oz with a no.4 hook.

I'm not too sure about the quality of that brand so I never querried it at the tackle shop.

Has anybody used the Lions brand extensively or does somebody know of a more reputable brand that might have longer shank hooks.

Let me know plz guys,thanx

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 336
  • www.bluewatercharters.co.za
Re: Longer shank hooks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
The Lions stuff although not the best of the best is very good value for money, the quality acceptable and the pricing good.

I would not reccomend longer shank hooks, they will give the fish too much leverage to get the hook out and the hooks will be weaker.

What are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps there is another alternative.
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

ADVENTURE FISHING SAFARIS - Tiger Fish, Bass and Estuary Fishing - www.adventurefishing.co.za

Offline Fish-Hunter

• Cred: 28
Re: Longer shank hooks
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »
I just thought that a hook protruding closer to the tail would give you a better chance of increasing ones hook up rate.I have since realised anything that can't swallow your plastic is probably too small anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:30:43 pm by Fish-Hunter »