Author Topic: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning  (Read 8289 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
No fishing last weekend, went to Lisbon to be present at my 2nd daughter birth and stayed there for a couple of days before Mommy left the hospital.





Daddy now has to divide is attention over two daughters :-)





Got back to Luanda to finish some work related tasks before Xmas and end of the year and managed to schedule my last 2010 weekend fishing on Saturday, next Wednesday will be in Lisbon again and will stay there, in the cold, until mid January spending some quality time with the family


My brother in law will also spend is xmas and new year eve in Lisbon and I also invited him to come along on this quick fishing trip in sunny Luanda


Did some trolling around an oil rig but just got a few Dorado, moved to try get some jigging and popping action over some spots


First Drop and here is the Synit 250 at work





Double strike Jorge (my brother in law) also had a fish bite is jig





This guy got me tired early in the morning, another fatty AJ





Jorge also got a nice one although smaller, but more than enough to have him sweating





Another drop and another Double Strike, I got this "Morianga" grouper





And Jorge got another AJ this time a bit smaller





Next drop and I got another fish on the line but like I did not check my leader and probably due to abrasion it broke while fighting another fish (I always tell everybody to check their leaders after every fish but I did not do it :-( and here is the result   )





Now the stupid part, I am a big believer on PR Knots, some time ago when on a rush I used to use Albright Knot, but at the time I was fishing 80lb braid, now I am fishing 40lb.

Had some "experts" on a SA forum saying why do you do PR on the boat you are going to miss the "hot bite", I use Albright and so on....

In a hurry instead of spending 5 minutes on PR I went for the so called "expert" advice and did Albright :-(

Murphy law, suddenly fish on and boy this guy was a fighter it took line and line and line, I would recover a bit and then it would start again, probably the biggest AJ of the last couple months and of course this had to happen with Albright and Murphy law acted, the line broke at the knot :-(

Why do I listen to this guys? I should know better, the day you relax and pick a shortcut had to be the day big  momma would appear :-(

I got so annoyed that I decided to guide Jorge to some Dorado popping action and forget about jigging, went to search for some buoys, and Jorge managed to land a couple of nice Dorado


Here is one of the buoys





Here is one of the popping Dorado






And another







On the way home we stopped at another jigging spot but it was too windy, we managed to get a double strike but with all the wind our lines got crossed and I accidentally cut Jorge line and also lost my fish


Now I have a problem, most of Tackle Whore early Xmas gift jigs, made especially for my Synit rod, are gone and I really loved the ones like this one on the left, I will have to get some more because next February I want to catch that Big momma that got away and this time with a proper knot :-)





Now I am going back to the full time Daddy task until 2011 and I would like to wish you all a Merry Xmas and Happy new year.

Offline peterblace

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1151
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mozambique - Maputo
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:58:31 AM »
very nice report, but most important of all congratulations for the newly born
all the best for you and your family
cheers,
Pedro

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:25:38 AM »
Nice report Fedu.

Congratulations on the birth of your little baby girl. May she bring laughter and joy into your home :-)

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:08:48 AM »
Great stuff fedu! Your girls are beautiful! First of all congrats to mommy!

As for following advice from another forum... there you have it! Lesson learned!

Great fishing and flat seas!
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »
Love reading your reports Fedu... your pics are always so ggod, makes you kinda feel that you're onboard! Congrats on your 2nd daughter!
Sorry about the PR KNOT...! It's your fault for browsing inferior forums...!  :hehe:

Offline tackle whore

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 196
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: cape town
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »
Nice baby pics fernando regards to mommy hope alls well . will start on a batch of jigs for you its still the christmas season more presents HO HO HO !!!!!!

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
Thanks guys, I really like that first pic of the girls allthough it was taken from the phone camera I managed to remove some of the grain and correct white balance on photoshop.

I really miss the girls and can't wait to be there together with them.

Mark, I am still thinking about the knot, the other day when we fished together in CT with BluFlu you made a knot in my line on the really rocking boat that worked, what was it ?

Offline Gerhard

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 904
  • Cred: 75
  • Gender: Male
  • Spinning,Jigging,Popping&Fly Fishing fanatic
  • Location: Where ever I put my rod tube
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »
A BIG CONGRATS on the young lady...

Hope she brings you a lot of smiles and happiness...

Great report as well...  :resp:

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
Well done on the new baby. Good fishing also.

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »
fedu,

What camera are you using for taking all your "on the boat" pics?

They are awesome

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 06:10:12 PM »
fedu,

What camera are you using for taking all your "on the boat" pics?

They are awesome

Cannon Powershot D10

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
Yep the Canon D10 with a bit of manual settings mainly for increasing color saturation and geting pics more vivid.

I don't know if you guys have photoshop avaliable, because some minor adjustments can do wonders for your photos and sometimes when a big fish comes around all you had avaliable is a lousy phone camera.

This next pic was taken from an old Nokia phone, this is the original



Then went into photoshop and with some minor arrangements here it is, it's not a great photo but I managed to save a "decent"  memory of that fish on a Jig.




If there is more people on th forum using photoshop I could do a mini tutorial on fishing pics with the few tips & tricks I've learned.

P.S. - Actually I could even paint a decent sky with clouds to try improve it futher, here it is

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 09:08:01 PM »
Fedu, I use Photoshop, any tips will be well received, thanks.

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 09:10:42 PM »
Fedu, I use Photoshop, any tips will be well received, thanks.

Email me one of your photos and I will make the mini tutorial based on that one :-)

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »
Email me one of your photos and I will make the mini tutorial based on that one :-)

Thanks.

benniejordaan

  • Guest
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »
Fedu,
Nice report, well done on the fish but most of all, congratulations on the new family member!

Well done!

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
FEDU congrats on the new family member. She is beautiful. You are a blessed man.

Great report and yes it has happened to us all and now no short cuts.

Have a great festive season and take good care of your ladies.
 (clap) (clap)

Offline tkei

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1226
  • Cred: 92
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
Fedu, Congrats on the 2nd daughter. may she bring much happiness. Just remember, You have to give her away one day. hahahaha. I was told this when my daughter was born, I didnt see the humopur in it at the time.

well done on a few decent fish, but hard luck on the knot failure.

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
Fantastic stuff Fedu, great report as per usual.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family and enjoy your white Xmas in Terra das Couves(Portugal)



Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: 2010 last Luanda fishing Saturday morning
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »
Congrats on the new addition to your family. May she bring you years of happiness.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal