0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bwahhh, that just childish.....totally disrespectful....
Mike it was an awesome experience, trying to figure out how to land them and what tackle to use. The doggies takes you at about 70 to 80 meters and then he runs with you to the bricks, you got to turn the fish and stop him from wrapping you up, I managed that and landed mine, word record Doggies is waiting down there if you can manage to land it
Never had a doggie but Bruce has made some very intresting posts about jigging them that I am curious.What lenght leaders were you guys using ?
Well done PA aswome fish.I am sure there was no swearing during the battle!!! I know exaclty what you mean there is no fish that can pull like a doggie when hooked deep. Its absolute crazy how hard you have to pull to stop them!My first monring ever jigging for them had the scrore at Doogies 6 me 0 - Son of Fish!! Managed to start evening the score later!! Groete Seun
I do not get your remark?
Castas ????? what is tolally childish..... disrespectful..... ?????
Hi Ferdo the rig I used to land my doggie is rod three kings special and JM PE 8 real filed with Jig man ultra PE8. Leader Suffix zippy 200lb mono 8 meter long, PR knot leader to line and the best terminal knot that never failed me to heavy mono must be the thumb knot by Jeff Wilson a winner for sure. Then BOX JOUR SOCK OFF enjoy Fernando
The fish is childish... Not behaving! The fish is disrespectful!It's a good comment, not bad! Don't stress!
For interest (to some and not others), the spearo's in Latham broke the world spearfishing record last week for dogtooth tuna: was 90 something kilos (also from Latham), is now a massive 110kg!
The new Spearing World Record, Pending, shot off Latham by Cameron KirkconnellEish....