0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Mould is ok . You need two larger clamps for each side . Then you need to secure it in a correct upright position.We used gas burner to melt lead in a small wok ( scoop out dirt and debris with table spoon) . Most important is to heat up mould before pouring in, in order to get lead to flow all the way down. So you need gas blow torch for that.
Hi Bassa, I have been making sinkers for years. I make mostly the pregnant belly spoon sinkers, as there are no clamps and no blow torch required. One mould can be used for various weights, simply by changing the angle of the mould. I also do wire grapnel sinkers but these are more complicated.As Drago said, a small pot or wok on a gas stove is sufficient to melt the lead. Try to get clean lead as it give off less smoke / fumes (I use dive belt weights that I buy at the Cash Converter / second hand shops), as opposed to melting down an old car battery. An old spoon will work well to remove the dross that will float to the top.Work in a well ventilated area, and wear a mask(you should be used to that by now). Wear closed shoes.....molten lead on your foot would not be fun if you spilt a bit. Use leather gloves.I weigh the sinkers on my wife's kitchen scale and stamp them, so I know exactly what I am getting out of the box when I am fishingHave funIanF