I visited Leewkop dam on the 25th of October and again yesterday.
Left early morning and got to the dam at about 5am each time.
The view of the Jukskei river early morning is just awesome, well that's before you the mist lifts and you see the turds flowing past
The dam has filled to capacity again, was almost just a mud pool in winter due to broken pumps and lack of funds.....lowest I have seen it 30 years.
On the 1st Sunday I lost a small Carp of about 2kg in the long grass close to the side. Left at 10am to spend the rest of the day with the family.
On Saturday evening the flying ants attacked us and I caught a handful.
Was at the dam at 5am again and the Carp loved the flying ants.
Caught 3 Carps 1-3kg, all released again.
The fish were all in a good condition.
When I arrived at the dam the placed was VERY dirty, beer bottles/cans from the night before...
After 7 a team of prisoners arrived and cleaned everything.
Very nice and safe place to fish in the middle of Johannesburg.