Author Topic: Chasing red  (Read 6810 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bergievisserman

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
  • Cred: 27
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maun Botswana
Chasing red
« on: September 28, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
Good day everyone


With Covid-19 keeping our borders closed, a couple of fisherman specials in the delta I finally fished my first annual barbel run. We stayed at Nxamaseri Island lodge which is just south of shakawe. We managed to catch a lot of tigers, definitely exceeding my wildest expectations. All fish were caught on effzet spinners, as well as afrijigs.


These fish take hard. I’ve caught tiger-fish before but think these fish must be stronger due to the strong currents they live in. Never in my life did I have to drink Cataflam due to inflammation in my wrist haha.


We got quite a few fish over 3kg, and nothing beats the reaction on a boat when they leap out the water. I’ve been humbled. They are hard on terminal tackle, rods were broken, knots failed and traces snapped. Definitely a massive learning curve.
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...

Offline Bergievisserman

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
  • Cred: 27
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Chasing red
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Some more catches.
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...

Offline Bergievisserman

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
  • Cred: 27
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Chasing red
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
I’ve done many tipes of fishing in my life, but I think this will have to be on top of my list when it comes to pure adrenalin, excitement and quality of the fight as well as challenge. I’ve never lost as many fish, it did however become better as the trip went on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:31:59 PM by Bergievisserman »
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Chasing red
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 07:11:06 AM »
Wow! Great catches!  (clap)

Offline CRANKMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 684
  • Cred: 58
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Louis Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Chasing red
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »
 :+ cred: Thanks for the report - looks like you had a brilliant trip.
I agree, catching tigers is as good as it gets.
>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal