Author Topic: DIY STONFO TYPE TWIN NEEDLE BAITING AID  (Read 6272 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rockslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Stormberg
DIY STONFO TYPE TWIN NEEDLE BAITING AID
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
So I saw this baiting aid and thought it could help to present nice and straight baits as I sometimes struggle to present straight baits.
Off to a friend I went to have this 3D printed. 1.5mm Stainless steel welding wire for the needles.
The two halves will be attached to each other with epoxy. Needles will be neatly trimmed to desired length.
I made two. One with needles 5mm apart (prawn size baits) and the other with 12mm apart (sardine fillet/cutlet sized baits)




Should it not work, I wasted at most R20.00 and less than an hour :hehe: :hehe:


What do you think? Has anyone used such a device before?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:07:15 PM by Rockslide »
Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Offline Rockslide

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Stormberg
Re: DIY STONFO TYPE TWIN NEEDLE BAITING AID
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:06:06 PM »
And the 12mm version.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Offline BJR

  • Ben
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 438
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • When Fishing , SIZE does not matter !!
  • Location: MELMOTH - Zululand, KZN - SA
Re: DIY STONFO TYPE TWIN NEEDLE BAITING AID
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 03:04:55 PM »
Big question......does it really work ?

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: DIY STONFO TYPE TWIN NEEDLE BAITING AID
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 04:45:22 PM »
Seems perfectly sensible. I don't fish with bait so I'm really not sure how critical the shape of the bait is but it seems cunning (and simple) enough to make it easier to apply cotton.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal