Author Topic: Jeffrey's Bay  (Read 588 times)

Offline gareth88

• Cred: 1
Jeffrey's Bay
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm going to be in Jeffrey's Bay over the festive season. I've never fished the area, but would love to give it a go. My usual hunting ground is the breede river where I've had mixed success targeting Kob and Leeries on dropshot.

I've heard of some incredible Leerie's in the surf zone and any advice about how and where to throw a artificials in the area would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Offline Visenvryheid

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 30
  • Fishing and freedom! Thank the Almighty!
Re: Jeffrey's Bay
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »
There used to be incredible leeries...Still a few around, they have returned from the spawning migration but where we saw a hundred just four years ago, we might if we are lucky see one now..Thank the ou's up north during sardine runs for that..Cob is also hammered compared to what was just a few years ago..

Kabeljous is the best bet for cob and leeries when the sea is warm there after east blows..There is a book called "experience fishing like a local" which will greatly help you. Crackers also around, with all these fish species they are under heavy pressure and please release all breeding stock..

Book a day with Theo or one of his colleagues @ TJ's bait and tackle..then you will know where and what to throw when for what species..and what will be around ;)

Offline gareth88

• Cred: 1
Re: Jeffrey's Bay
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 08:52:54 AM »
Thanks for the info and advice, it's much appreciated.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal