Author Topic: Bazaruto  (Read 7927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Bazaruto
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »
Guys a friend of mine requested some information on Bazaruto. I have never been there therfore my question to the experts.

Is it safe for a lady travelling on her own? She will not be fishing and would like to know if there are any other leisure activities?

Any recommendations?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:16:35 PM by Charles »

Offline Plugger

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 977
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Forest Hills, Durban
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:21:02 PM »
I wouldn't be at all happy with one of our girls traveling there alone, but them I am very protective. I probably wouldn't be too happy driving up there on my own either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:32:03 PM by Plugger »
Education is important but fishing is importanter !

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:18:46 PM »
My humble opinion... she'd be safer travelling to Baz than she would be travelling anywhere in SA. Moz folk are pretty respectful compared to SAcans. That being said... Caution is required anywhere where there are other humans.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Serra Moz

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 477
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Marracuene - Mozambique
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 05:03:49 AM »
My humble opinion... she'd be safer travelling to Baz than she would be travelling anywhere in SA. Moz folk are pretty respectful compared to SAcans. That being said... Caution is required anywhere where there are other humans.


1000% - spot on regarding Moz, although I keep Maputo cidade + Tofo / Barra ect out of this one, not dangerous, however, it's a case of wrong place - wrong time.... Not saying Tofo / Barra dangerous at all, however I would not suggest a lady to stroll around there at night. Yes, Maputo itself, she has change over the last 15yrs, still you won't get killed.... the thugs might just help themselves to your holiday meticais... Unlike SA where you will get killed of a box of smokes. Precaution Precaution... Baza no probs, do you know which lodge / outfit they will be visiting? NB: Beira, I don't know - haven't been there for ages..
Happy days!

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 06:54:16 AM »
Thanks Guys

She has not made any reservations yet and will decide once I give her some feedback.

Serra thanks for your valuable input. Can you recommend a lodge?

Offline Serra Moz

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 477
  • Cred: 12
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Marracuene - Mozambique
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 06:59:34 AM »
Thanks Guys

She has not made any reservations yet and will decide once I give her some feedback.

Serra thanks for your valuable input. Can you recommend a lodge?


Yes, sure.... but is she into activities such as snorkel, walk abouts ect?
Happy days!

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:50:52 AM »
Pestana Bazaruto Lodge was on fire (literally) yesterday..... big fire..... just sharing... it has been under refurbishment for a couple of years...

She should go to one of the Lodges in Benguerua... central, closer to 2 mile reef, a much better deal than Baz...

My 0.02 MZN

Is she driving or flying?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Bazarutu
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
Pestana Bazaruto Lodge was on fire (literally) yesterday..... big fire..... just sharing... it has been under refurbishment for a couple of years...

She should go to one of the Lodges in Benguerua... central, closer to 2 mile reef, a much better deal that Baz...

My 0.02 MZN

Is she driving or flying?


Not again???  :-(


Never been to Benguerua but by all accounts much better value than Baz. Baz is too hyped.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Charles

  • The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1142
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Never ever give up!
  • Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Bazaruto
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
Info received from Mary after reading some of the posts quoted below.

"Thanks, found this hotel Anantara Bazaruto.  Is it any good?  I want a nice luxurious hotel, nice beaches, good seafood food and snorkeling." 

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Bazaruto
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 07:25:49 PM »
Looks fantastic and seems to have good reviews on the various travel sites... They are probably the best indicators in this price bracket...  I suspect this would be out of the price bracket that many of my UA brothers (and sisters) could afford, so maybe go with tripadvisor, bookings.com and google reviews have to offer.


Shout if she needs a guide  w;k
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Bazaruto
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 12:53:31 AM »
Anantara is in Baz island. Tell her to look for lodges in Benguera island.
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline travelmember

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 663
  • Cred: 49
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town Western Cape
Re: Bazaruto
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 06:59:56 AM »
Anantara is 5*. Very good spot. Excellent F&B, worldclass rooms etc. They organise beach tours, island excursions, snorkelling etc.
Worth the money.
And Duarte on Vamizi can still run from there - best black marlin fishing in Africa if she fancies a day!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal