Author Topic: Tanzania - December 2017  (Read 4969 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fabrico

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Palazzolo sull'Oglio
Tanzania - December 2017
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »
Hallo from Italy !
In december (between 29 and 5 january) I will go in Tanzania with my family.
I am undecided to stay on the coast, Pemba, Mafia or Zanzibar. Looking for a nice place even for my wife (diver but not fishing) and a good local operator (for popping and jigging specially).
Thanks for the assistance .


All the best, ciao.


Fabrizio

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:28 AM »
 :welc: Ciao Fabrico, I am sure you will get some good into from those that know .  :toppie:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:04:38 AM by colin »
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »
 :welc:  I have not fished Tanzania but of the options you mentioned, Mafia has the best possibilities for fishing. Zanzibar and Pemba Island is very "fished out". I'm sure that one of the guys on the forum will have better info. Enjoy the forum and let us know how the trip went.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »
 :welc:

Offline Cage

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 317
  • Cred: 64
  • Gender: Male
  • I FISH THEREFORE I LIVE
  • Location: JHB, Gauteng
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
Hi Fabrico
Diving and fishing from Mafia can be considered better than other areas of Tanzania as it is somewhat protected through the marine reserve. The best operator off Mafia for jigging and popping is Captain Ally out of Big Blu http://www.fishingmafiaisland.com/
If you are based in Dar, get in touch with Jason from Sportfishing Tanzania http://www.fishingtanzania.20m.com/ - probably the most experienced skipper off Dar-es-Salaam specialising in trips out to Latham Island - good Dogtooth Tuna jigging and home to some great GTs as well. I last fished Latham last year and we experienced some great fishing (I did not charter through Jason as we were a large group). http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=21816.0
all the best
Cage
 
 

Offline fabrico

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Palazzolo sull'Oglio
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »
Thanks everyone, so go down to Mafia.


All the best


Fabrizio

Offline liquidity

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: Tanzania - December 2017
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
Haven't got too much experience in Tanzania but have fished Mafia from Big Blu lodge. Comfortable, airconditioned rooms, nothing luxurious, but functional. Food is very good considering the equipment. Beer is cheap! Very popular for diving and fishing. We didn't do well on the fishing side, but the area has it's moments. Whale shark diving is easily arranged from the lodge. If you like a luxurious stay, go to Zanzibar, however it is a lot more commercial. Mafia is more rural, and a great experience. Ally and Ves are great fishing hosts.

Offline liquidity

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal