Author Topic: De Hoop Dam  (Read 6848 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Reebok02

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
De Hoop Dam
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:28 AM »
Morning Gents.
I see a couple of posts about the dam.
I am just wondering how is the safety for your parked car/trailer next to the dam?
I will be there for the long weekend so I take it it should be busy?



Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »
 :welc:


From what I know, it doesn't really get busy and there are no real security threats. Sometime back, on of the UA members (Cage) did a report. Do a search for it.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Reebok02

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
Hi Thanks

Yea I saw the posts just wondering of the security is still good from someone that was there recently.
I will be there next weekend.


Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »
Must say, I'm really keen to try De Hoop quite soon. Can't do it next w/end tho cos I'm off to Doringdraai near Potties.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »
Keen to try De Hoop out as well someday but would have to be a weekend away trip , pity theres no accomodation right at the dam itself ...or is there ... :dunno:

Offline Reebok02

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »
The closest you can get to the dam is "Die Ou Staal Wiel" its on a farm +- 4km from the launch site.
Looks pretty nice I will be camping there.
It also looks like people just camp next to the dam but I donno how safe that will be.

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »
Saw that as well , will look in to it someday .

Offline Cage

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 317
  • Cred: 64
  • Gender: Male
  • I FISH THEREFORE I LIVE
  • Location: JHB, Gauteng
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
there were a few safety related concerns raised by a few guys who had visited the dam over the winter months. I understand that the resident "car guards" are now back and have not heard anything negative since winter and since Josia and the other okes are back taking care of trailers and vehicles whilst people are out on the water.

Offline Reebok02

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: De Hoop Dam
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
Thanks Cage.



 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal