0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I wonder what's causing this.
Yes but 7.2m is unusual for the conditions. I was wondering what else is going on.I know the prediction is based on algorithms - i cannot figure out what is having such a huge effect on the swells.
[quote author=REEFMAN Nibiru? only due in October according to
Wish Nibiru would arrive now the world is going crazy, time for a purge me thinks
Well then, Nibiru , solar eclipse and el Nino. I suppose and hopethat all the stars will align and encourage fish to feed despite all this doom and gloom. If not , I shall avail myself,of some Glen and ride my fat bike on the beach at Vidal this week. Weather reports indicated a 2 to 3 m swell this week too, but you should have seen Durbs this arvie. Like Leeukop I can imagine. What I have learned of late is that the forecasts are misleading around swell height and if,used as the sole indicator for your fishing jaunts you will get caught out regularly. That's not to say that they are incorrect, but it is far better to go and look at the beach yourself. The swell may not be as bad as indicated.Probably not a bad idea to wear one of those personal flotation jackets if you are in a feisty fishing spot. May save your life. They inflate with a CO 2 canister. If that fails you can blow,it up manually. Although if you are drowning, blowing up manually may be quite tricky!!!
Quote from: khaliq on August 21, 2017, 12:32:31 PMI wonder what's causing this.New moon + wind conditions?