Author Topic: Vaal river launch sites  (Read 9350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Vaal river launch sites
« on: September 06, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
I normally launch at River Square in Three Rivers,but I am looking for a launch site nearer to the Barage, any ideas ? :dunno:
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Rory mundy

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1762
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • vidalbum
  • Location: St Lucia
Re: Vaal river launch sites
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:30:29 PM »
Abrahams rest at the bottom of vaalpark there are no public launch sites any further down stream you have to be a member of one of the clubs

vidalbum

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Vaal river launch sites
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »
Abrahams rest at the bottom of vaalpark there are no public launch sites any further down stream you have to be a member of one of the clubs


Thanks Rory, how safe is there these days? I did launch there some years back and it was full of yahoos,if you know what I mean
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline icstuff

  • The Ultimate Clown
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1105
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • It's the Water's fault!
  • Location: Meyerton
Re: Vaal river launch sites
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »
there is a launch site at the caravan park next to the casino in vanderbijl, not sure if yahoos hang out there as well.
Squid Happens!

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Vaal river launch sites
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 03:16:24 PM »
my fishing buddy has found a launch site at loch vaal, so we will give it a go on Saturday, i have never fished that end of the river so anyadvice would be appreciated
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal