Managed a short visit home some weeks back, managed to get the boat on the water for two quick outings with Friend Francois and his family on Tuesday and my eldest son Liam , we had a great day and awesome Cape winter weather. Chanti and the kids had fun and we all went home happy. I packed up and stored the boat but on Thursday the weather looked so fine I loaded up the family (Lenny could not make it!) and we took a late departure from struis and headed to blougaansie. It was Jesse's first long day on he sea as she was prone to getting sea sick in the past and My Wife was a bit concerned. No fish there but we saw the smallest baby humpback I have ever seen.. Jumping and showing off. We also found the largest bait ball I have ever seen with thousands of sheatwaters and terns. Two brides whales were on the feast but again NO fish. We decided to run down to Brandfontein and I was not keen to drop anchor ( as I would be the one to have to pull it up on my own!!) so we just drifted over the reef, Keelan (My middle son) insisted on loading up a light rod with a green spinner/jig and quickly caught 2 katonkle. We then went onto romans, small red steen bras, plenty of silvers and some Cape Salmon(geelbek). We headed back to Struis mid afternoon after and awesome family day on the sea on a flat calm day.
Last week the kids still had Fish fever in my absence so went down to the harbour with some mates to try there luck... only blassoppies but fun was had..
Pics ... awesome run out on glassy sea..
My daughters fashion parade in the harbour.... Dressed in red to catch a Roman!