Author Topic: John F's DIY: Dredge clips  (Read 4380 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
John F's DIY: Dredge clips
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:13:46 AM »
Made a bunch of these clips last night, with 1.5 mm s/s wire and 0.5 Oz cigar sinkers.

The idea is to attach bait (well mainly halfbeaks, but also strip baits!) and populate my DIY dredge bar I built some time ago (×2 actually)... http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17419.0

Will also mix a bit with Mcarthy pearl 6" paddle tails.

will see how it goes...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 02:40:32 PM »
Have you pulled the Dredge yet Jon? I see you haven't really got much weight on it most have a lump of lead in the middle to get them down under the water.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:19:32 AM »
No, I haven't pulled it yet. But I know what you mean. I actually have weights that attach to the front dredge exactly for that reason. They are not as fancy as the ones available commercially.... I just made an oversized cigar weight (like a high speed trolling sinker) and made a SS clip. Can attach different size weights till I get the right one.


Here's a pic of the sinkers I'll be using (26 Oz, should be enough)...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline CLS

  • Born to fish forced to work.
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1700
  • Cred: 114
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban - KZN
Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »
Please explain how it works
A bad days fishing is better than sitting at home moping.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal