Spend a week at Qwantani December 2015. Dam level is very low but still crystal clear.
The first four days were bad with only 4 fish coming out in three days between 3 of us. As usual we fell for the fisherman trap.. we fished the crystal clear water in calm bays thinking the fish would like it and it was more comfortable for us.
This proved to be our downfall. One afternoon we were headed back with no fish and depressed, we decided to give one last bank a shot. Arriving to a dirty water line and loads of waves I didn't even bother to fish. My die hard mate started to throw the fly and BANG, he went tight and our interest perked.
This was the turning point of the trip, we stopped fishing for the fish we could see(and that could see us) and fished dirty water with big dry flies and everything changed. I eventually lost count of the fish we pulled out. It became one of those trips you will never forget.(for the fishing and the lessons learnt)
Have a look at the video and enjoy! skip to half way if you only wanna see the fish. (We had copyright claim so had to change music to some cheesy free stuff..sorry)
PS: I did get a few bass by accident and YES the went back in.. I cant keep everyone happy but myself so they alive and well. Please don't whine about it.
;
Tight lines this December gents! And remember fish everywhere until you find them !!!!!
https://youtu.be/1Q7YzDJgJ7E