Author Topic: FG knot - a slight modification  (Read 3877 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Herbmeister

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 130
  • Cred: 3
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth, South Africa
FG knot - a slight modification
« on: November 10, 2015, 02:24:19 PM »
Hi all


Thought i would share these pics with you. I've always used the FG knot with no issues at all. Initially i used to simply clip the leader off, burn and then continue with the half hitches. I then tried a slight modification where i cut the leader off at an angle then continued with my half hitches over this. Comes out a bit sleeker ... no weakness in knot strenth in my humble opinion.


I understand too that burning the leader also created a "stop" for the braid. This i appreciate but you do still get that leader "stop" section hammering the guides on casting. Not often and not a biggie i dont think


Anyways, i like the sleeeekness of this variation

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal