Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
DIY Forum
»
EVO CNC 1.infinity
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: EVO CNC 1.infinity (Read 17035 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
LGF
Ultimate member
Posts: 1042
Cred: 80
Gender:
One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Location: Pretoria
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #20 on:
March 09, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
This is long overdue but here are some of teh pics of some of the molds i've been milling
Logged
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!
LGF
Ultimate member
Posts: 1042
Cred: 80
Gender:
One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Location: Pretoria
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #21 on:
March 09, 2016, 09:41:55 AM »
suppose it's not too shabby for a homebuilt machine, could be better I know but the outcomes (lures) really aren't that bad, what's nice is that I can tweak and play around with whatever it is I feel like making to the point where it is exactly as I want it, as opposed to buying molds that might be "sort-of-almost" what I had in mind. Saves me a heap on the excahnge rates and even moreso with the expensive costs of shipping stuff.
Last pic of the "4,5' fish" I made with the belly split that is perfect although when looking at the mold the piece that creates this split is very very thin.
Logged
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!
AndriesH
Dassie Destroyer - In die Kol dol
Senior Member
Posts: 481
Cred: 69
Gender:
Here lives a cumfy fisherman and his lovely wife.
Location: Johannesburg
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #22 on:
March 09, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
Awesome job LGF - you have commitment, that is for sure.
Saw some hobby machines at the Hobbyex this weekend.
cnc router three axis starting from around R15000.
Made for wood carving mainly working table size about 80cm x 80cm.
Logged
I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing, I'm going fishing
Capt. Hook
Official ball thrower for my dog
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3140
Cred: 338
Gender:
Location: Durbs
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #23 on:
March 09, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
That's fantastic
well done
Logged
Searaider
Ultimate member
Posts: 290
Cred: 37
Gender:
Location: Randburg Gauteng
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #24 on:
March 09, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »
Awesome Henk ,I would love to build a CNC machine .
I just don't have any money right now but I have been trying to learn CAD and CAM.
Logged
LGF
Ultimate member
Posts: 1042
Cred: 80
Gender:
One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Location: Pretoria
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #25 on:
March 10, 2016, 12:02:01 AM »
Thanx guys, yeah these machines are rather expensive, but building one without any knowledge can be even more expensive, trust me on that. Commitment? Naaaah I'm just "off my rocker" and either do something with 110% or not at all. Nonetheless, if I now have to build another it will be way cheaper and easier.
I think I know which ones you saw, it sounds like the setup where the table is static and X and Y moves across the table and Z obviously up and down, think they are referred to as "Shapeko" type machines, that's what I could gather, and they are not that expensive to build.
Searaider, if you want some very easy and cool CAD and CAM software that is waaaaaaaaaay more powerful than the usual Autocad/cam, Dolphin Cad/Cam etc etc. then do a search for RHINO 3D, and see if you can watch some YouTube clips on it and in specific a jewelry design plug-in called RhinoGold clip with the title "Snake pendant, RhinoGold" you'll see what I am saying with regards to the power of this software. Rendering and getting it into G-code (Cam part of the process) is also very powerful and easy, once you watch the YouTube clips.
Was a learning experience and in a way still is, but the stuff I am learning now, is things like feed rates, cut-depths and other variables relating to a specific cut in aluminum for now. Will revive the other frame later and fit the spare spindle on that for woodwork.
As mentioned it was a rather expensive build, but I've learned so much and to finally be able to load a file, set the machine, start it and go to work, without stressing about anything going wrong, other than ESKOM's interruptions, is really very very satisfying. Another Huge plus is that it runs in the garage no more than 5 meters from our bedroom and does so through the night without even bothering the Boss, and she sleeps extremely light, a mozzie farts and she's up!
Logged
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!
swarley81
Member
Posts: 36
Cred: 1
Gender:
Location: Centurion
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #26 on:
March 10, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
This is great LGF!
I've been following your lure making posts since you started on the other forum. Well done, you have really come a long way.
Would you by any chance be interested in making moulds for fellow hobby lure makers and recover some of your costs in the process? I know a couple of guys who would be very interested.
Logged
Lenny
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 2529
Cred: 124
Gender:
Catch and Release
Location: Struisbaai
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #27 on:
March 10, 2016, 07:22:46 PM »
This is bloody excellent henk
Logged
Self catering , family accommodation available in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225
LGF
Ultimate member
Posts: 1042
Cred: 80
Gender:
One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
Location: Pretoria
Re: EVO CNC 1.infinity
«
Reply #28 on:
March 13, 2016, 12:16:19 PM »
Thanx Lenny, you're too kind.
Logged
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
General Angling Topics
»
DIY Forum
»
EVO CNC 1.infinity
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal