Hi guys, I trust you are all well! Just thought I would submit a report of Saturdays fishing at my local Dowerglen Dam. It was painful :sml: We set out and eventually had our lines in the water at 08h05, expecting the Barbel and Carp to jump on our baits! This. however, did not happen! We had a bit of action before 9am and the Carp lines but no hook ups and then the Carp fishing was dead! We could occasionally see one or two jumping out the water, so at least we know they are there!
At 13h30 one of our 5 Barbel rods ran, STRIKE!!!!!, but no hook up, we had the plattie on that rod hooked in the thigh so the Barbel probably was pulling on his head or something. That was the last of the action, we packed up and left at 18h00. This was officially the worst freshwater blanking session of my life, other than some fly fishing sessions. But we will be back there soon and I am pretty sure we will get a fish or two out! It was a god relaxing time though and it was the first time I had fished since the beginning of July so was great to just be there knowing that the fish were around. A guy I know pulled out a 200gram bass on fly and the day before a 5kg Barbel came out on fly. Off to the vaal this weekend, hopefully going to get a Grass Carp or two and a monster of a Sharptooth Catfish :sml:

WK