Author Topic: first Fish  (Read 4337 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mal Hannes

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 487
  • Cred: 6
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Johannesburg
first Fish
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:00:26 AM »
How about some photos of your first fish.

This is the first one I have a photo of.
Swartkops 1970.

There was more tears while trying to take the photo than there was while landing it. I could not hold it Kong enough for dadda to take a photo.

This is also a call out to dadda. Today is you 30th birthday that you are not here. Thank you for teaching me to fish.
Either I am fishing or dreaming of fishing!

Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: first Fish
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
Nice one , love these nostalgic pics  :Like:

Offline Seventenths

  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1454
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
  • Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: first Fish
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Awesome Hannes... I unfortunately do not have a pics of my first decent fish (8kg Barbel) at Mopipi dam in Botswana in 1979... but I remember the place, the rod and the fish.... till altzheimers robs me of that too... my next memorable fish was a :krpr: of 4kg caught near that in lake Xau, by then I was hooked and waded in with the crocs to protect my precious prize... :craz:  have not been the same since. Also my Dad was the one responsible for costing me loads of loot, on tons of tackle and one of the worst cases of TA  :geet ... I feel a procurement coming on right now!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:22:09 PM by Seventenths »

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: first Fish
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:38:32 AM »
My first fish was a Rainbow Trout, on a Yellow Humpy, when I was 9 years old, have a pic somewhere, not on my pc though... Remember it like it was yesterday! My father taught me a hell of a lot and had so much patience with me, I am so grateful that he brought me into the World of fishing... That was in 1998...

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal