Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
Something different...
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Something different... (Read 22323 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
super_daav
Ultimate member
Posts: 855
Cred: 74
Gender:
Lower Zambezi 2009
Location: Durban, KZN
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #20 on:
September 09, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
Superb thread!! If you have read "The Cry of the Kalahari" then the Boteti river will be known to you! If you haven't read the book, do so tomorrow!
Please don't get eaten also as complacency can be a b*tch!
Logged
Kingfisher.co.za
Official Daiwa agent
FishStyx
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 3007
Cred: 51
Gender:
I fish, therefore I am.
Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #21 on:
September 09, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
Lovely stuff... thanks for sharing. My dad and I went on a 2 week makoro trip in 1975 around Chiefs Island... I was a teenager, such fun. I have such vivid memories of the place. Would love to go and fish the barble run.
Logged
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.
Bergievisserman
Senior Member
Posts: 119
Cred: 27
Gender:
Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #22 on:
September 10, 2015, 04:54:15 PM »
Hi everyone
I decided to start a blog so if you're keen to follow use the following link
http://thefishingaddict.blogspot.com/2015/09/samedupi-fishing-09-09-2015-night-with.html
I'll still post some memorable catches here with some stories and maybe some updates of which lures we find to work the best. I'll also pick up a flyfishing rod in Jhb in three weeks so that should get interesting as well.
Thanks!
Wynand
Carel with a 1kg bream last night in the dark! They're getting bigger slowly but surely!!
Logged
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...
Charles
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 1142
Cred: 77
Gender:
Never ever give up!
Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #23 on:
September 11, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
Lekker Pilot! So you will be "flying them flies with the fly rod!"
Logged
Seventenths
Ultimate Legend
Posts: 1454
Cred: 0
Gender:
Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #24 on:
September 12, 2015, 11:07:03 AM »
Wow, I grew up there and it sure has changed..in eerrrr the last few years..... enjoy it while you can. I fished the Boteti and Lake Xau and had some of my most memorable catches there and some big frights with the hippos and crocs.
Awesome report and hope you get to do lots more exploring!
you wont regret getting a fly rod there!
Logged
Bergievisserman
Senior Member
Posts: 119
Cred: 27
Gender:
Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #25 on:
November 05, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
So I think everyone gets to a stage in life where it does not matter how we catch a fish as long as we do. I've changed from lure angling to flies to bait probably about 10 times the last two weeks as fishing is tough. Water levels dropped significantly and fish hide in the reeds. Lost alot of lures and flies but persistence paid off with a new bream species, first bream on my own fly rod and two pb barbel in one night. Pictures attached
«
Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:11:47 PM by Bergievisserman
»
Logged
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...
Bergievisserman
Senior Member
Posts: 119
Cred: 27
Gender:
Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #26 on:
November 05, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
First a tall skinny 8kg barbel
Logged
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...
Bergievisserman
Senior Member
Posts: 119
Cred: 27
Gender:
Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #27 on:
November 05, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
Then a short and fat one
Logged
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...
Bergievisserman
Senior Member
Posts: 119
Cred: 27
Gender:
Location: Maun Botswana
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #28 on:
November 05, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »
And a bream that enjoy steak
Logged
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe i'll be fishing...
Charles
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 1142
Cred: 77
Gender:
Never ever give up!
Location: Mossel Bay and Beni, DRC
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #29 on:
November 05, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
Great stuff Wynand. Small pieces of steak can work wonders at time. Caught quite a number Tilapia with steak and the ever popular chicken livers.
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #30 on:
November 05, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Awesome stuff!
Logged
Seventenths
Ultimate Legend
Posts: 1454
Cred: 0
Gender:
Treat people the way you would like to be treated!
Location: Agulhas/DRC
Re: Something different...
«
Reply #31 on:
November 06, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
Great Stuff and well done.. keep the reports coming...
Logged
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Fishing reports and Competitions
»
Something different...
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal