Last night my son and I desided to haul the boat the 12 k's up to the dam for a little bass fishing and also to give the motors a run, so at 06:30 we hooked up and cruised up the road. The short drive reminded me of why I got rid of the Landy to pull the boat.
There are a few pretty steep hills on the way there, but the Patrol with its 4.8 litre motor honestly didn't feel a thing.
My boy knows how I like to do things with the launch so in no time at all we were on the water and heading down to the far end of the dam where the cooler water enters from a river.
The boat ran like a dream, smooth as silk, the only problem was that the fishfinder wouldn't switch on, but I found a broken connection behind the switch pannel. It wasn't an issue as I also have a Garmin Echomap 50 so used the finder function on that (no need for the GPS on the dam).
We tried our luck at many different spots with lots of showings, but the buggers weren't interested in anything we had to throw at them.
Oh well, it was a great morning out there and a good time spent with the lad.
1)Heading up to the river inlet
2) Lets try here
3) .......and here