Author Topic: durban harbour help  (Read 3925 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Da hook

  • Da Hook
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
durban harbour help
« on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
Hallo Everybody
I am a old bass fisherman and have always wanted to fish the harbour.I now have the right boat,joining a club and have the cof,bouyency and skippers.I have no idea where to fish in the bay.I also have no idea where i can and cant.The map the club has is not that good.I am worried that i might upset our friendly and very helpfull water police,i have my family on the boat and dont want to have any unhappynes.I am not asking people for seccret fishing spots,just some help to get around the place.

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: durban harbour help
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
 :welc:

Fish just off the sandbanks at high tide (anchor or drift) or fish the channel shown here (no anchoring in the channel) you are not allowed to cross that line from the tip of Pier 1 - its a good spot for grunter at night.
Just Fish!!!

Offline Da hook

  • Da Hook
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: durban harbour help
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »
thank you very much!!this helps a lot.i also heard that one can not go into the channel at the entrance any more?Are aloud to drift in the channel with your engines off?
If you go round to the right hand side of wilsons warf,is that ok too?

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: durban harbour help
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
You can basically go up to the first channel marker (green and red bouys) or the corner by A shed, you can drift with engines off, but be on the look out - ships are very silent  :nuts:.
Just Fish!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal