Author Topic: a guide to spots on the Gouritz coast...  (Read 10644 times)

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 79
  • dis lekker by die see...
a guide to spots on the Gouritz coast...
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:13 PM »
right guys as I said,the rest of the guide for you...the Gouritz coast... :hnthnt:
I started this as a new topic because I didn't want people to miss this part as it wasn't added to the Ultimate Kleinbrak to Gouritz topic that I posted earlier[size=78%]...just remember that this coast is very rocky and you WILL lose a bit of lead and traces...[/size]

Tidal pool:
At the tidal pool the kiddies can swim while you're fishing close by...both sides of the pool(about 70-80m)has notibly higher rocks,on the left Galjoen and kollies,to the right of the pool,cracker,elf and kob.

Steentjie se gat:
At spring low you can catch bait here like karanteen(steentjie,streepie),at high tide you can target galjoen her and to the right of the reef,cracker,bait of choice red crab and alikreukel,you could smash it and put on your hook with shell and all,or take it out of the shell.

Gruisgat:
to be fished on low tide(deep hole)and cracker is the target,bait can be sourced there too at spring-low,BIG elf could surprize too if fishing fleshy baits...

Voelkip:
These are high rocks and you'll be fishing into deep water,similar to Die Saal,so a long gaf is needed,target species here is elf,kob and cracker.To the left at low and pushing tide,galjoen.

Haaikrans:
This spot has a turn-off that's easily missed,so when close(7-8km from tidalpool)drive slowly,when looking at the picture the turn-off/parking is at about 11:00 above the marker.Target here is kob and elf.Here you'll be quite high above the water too(long gaf again)...

Holkom:
Target species here is elf,kob,cracker and black musselcracker(poensies),in winter galjoen and reefspecies.

Fox se baai:
Target cracker,kob and elf here,steentjies can be caught here too to use as bait...

Plastiekbaai:
Easily recognised spot because of the usual rubish that gets washed ashore here,hence the name.Target species here from low-tide is cracker and bronze bream,at high-tide elf can be targeted in this little bay.

Marais se bank:
This rock lies parallel to the coast,target species here elf,kob,cracker and reef-fish,if fishing here at spring-tide you need to watch that the water don't trap you there...

Rooibankie:
In summer your target is kob and elf and in winter galjoen.

Platbank:
This is the last spot I know of and fish at before reaching the Reins' nature reserve gate.Target here is kob,cracker,bronze bream,galjoen and elf.We were catching kob here once,when my friends' son in law found a fresh Bronze bream in the rockpools with just an eye missing from the gulls... :-( we braaied it that evening at the campsite...perhaps it was sick... :dunno: smelled fresh and tasted good... w;k the joke,that night,was that he didn't even need a rod to catch fish... :hehe: [size=78%]

Last but not least is..

Skool se bank:
To get to this spot you'll need to climb through Reins' the fence,target species here is kob,elf,cracker and even Poensies...

Please note,these spots are quite hard to spot from a Google earth image so if I'm out by a few meters please excuse me,it's much easier to spot them while I'm there...hope you enjoy,this stretch of coast is beautifull and mostly unspoilt so it's great to come fish at.Please keep it the way you got it,unless there's rubbish that you can remove from a spot,these locals might whip you if you mess on their coast... :clwn [/size]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:24:20 PM by Lofty »
Always be humble...

Offline BETTYS

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 29
Re: a guide to spots on the Gouritz coast...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
 :tkx:  great info ,now I just need to get back there.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF FRESH BAIT IN THE MORNING

Offline WJ

• Team Blacktip
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
My favourite fishing spot in the South Cape. Some big fish patrol these waters. Great post Lofty

Offline Inkvis

• Cred: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
Thanks a mil for the info Lofty.  But it is like eating a meat pie in the presence of a hungry child..  :envy
When I was at school still, I used to fish around the Hartenbos lagoon daily during December holidays.  Once met up with Oom Joppie Saayman from Hartenbos and one of his friends and his wife and fished with them over December holidays for a couple of years.  Especially oom Joppie taught met plenty!  Fished for Bronzies late afternoon and dusk there after Kob and Shad.  Had a wonderful time!

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
no problem Inkvis... w;k did you read this one I posted day before yesterday... :hnthnt:http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17533.msg296711#msg296711
Always be humble...

Offline SAfish

• Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 137
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
 (clap) Another great post. Now that you have mastered the art we expect regular articles from you in the future.  :hnthnt:  :hehe:

Offline vismal

• Cred: 9
  • Born to fish,forced to work!!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »
Great post, thanks for sharing.

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:37:17 AM »
(clap) Another great post. Now that you have mastered the art we expect regular articles from you in the future.  :hnthnt: :hehe:
far from a master Safish...but I'm hoping to be able to post more with fish in the picture in future... w;k

p.s:why does some of the emoticons dissapear from the options when replying...for ex.the blushing face I wanted to place between "Safish" and "but"... :dunno: [size=78%]?[/size]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:42:34 AM by Lofty »
Always be humble...

Offline Inkvis

• Cred: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
no problem Inkvis... w;k did you read this one I posted day before yesterday... :hnthnt:http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17533.msg296711#msg296711

Seems like I missed it, sorry..  :blush:

Offline SAfish

• Ultimate Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
ome of the emoticons dissapear from the options when replying...for ex.the blushing face I wanted to place between "Safish" and "but"... :dunno: [size=78%]?[/size]

:blush: I have no idea.  sry  :dunno:

Offline SAfish

• Ultimate Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »
 :hehe: Sorry I just had to.  :crzy  They are all there on my side.  :dunno:

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »
also don't know what happened but it's back... :blush: :hehe:
Always be humble...

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 122
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
Wow Lofty . WELL DONE . I have been toying with a Struisbaai Guide , but my PC and my PC skills are very poor .

Google earth are the way to go when doing these guides for sure.

I have taken a number of good KRAKERS in Gouritz like 12 years ago .

Offline Lofty

• Ultimate member
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
Hi Lenny,yes I like using Google earth,only thing I need now is GPS,then I can check on Google earth what the GPS co'ords are more or less to some spots that I haven't fished at and so find the spot easier...this was a bit of a battle for me too,but in the end got it right...just ask if you have a question... :hnthnt: if you asked me a week ago I'd have gone like this... :cnfzd :craz: :hehe: :hyst: lekker deurmekaar... :blush: I still gotta get a kraker,but haven't really targetted them so far...I'd love to see a Struis guide...only fished Arniston,die Dam,Pearly beach etc.when I still live in C.T.
Always be humble...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal