Author Topic: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries  (Read 14269 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »
with two average sized people - mine does fine with a 15hp - not too fast though. 25 would be better


Ziggy I would like to plan this boat carefully as I would actually like to hang something like a 40 or a 50 on it.  I am thinking of a Little Pocket Rocket here.

Would like trim and tilt as well as one of those adjustable transoms where you can lift the motor up or down as you please, because this enables you to ride in thin water without damaging the prop.

So yes I have put a lot of thought in this and I know things will change as I start making headway on the build. I realise that things always looks great on paper but in reality it's a different story. Just look at the Invisibulls, they thought the camo was going to help, its not helping as they cant find each other on the field.

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
Another hull that comes to mind is the old Arrowhead which is a cathedrall hull, I had one with a 60 yammie on the back and it used to fly. I think they are made my that boat shop in Apex Benoni
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 07:13:21 AM »
I think the guys at Nigel Boat and Caravan also manufacture cathedral hulls.

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 07:17:56 AM »
try this don't think you could go wrong with the price
http://witbank.olx.co.za/fishing-boat-for-sale-iid-610025435
 
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 08:09:21 AM »
Koos you have a pic in your head stick with that pic bud and when you start do not stop no matter what. Please let me know when I can come help :hnthnt: .

Offline SAfish

  • Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 4238
  • Cred: 137
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Knysna, South Africa
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:20 AM »
I have a small cabin boat similar to the Sportsman with a 30hp Mariner. Because of the cabin there is not enough space for the three of us, maybe I should consider converting it to an open deck boat.

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 08:47:19 AM »
Koos you have a pic in your head stick with that pic bud and when you start do not stop no matter what. Please let me know when I can come help :hnthnt: .
Oh, you are going to regret saying that..... :hnthnt:
Thanks, I think I am going to get you in for some guidance, tips and maybe a crash course on "Boat Building and Conversions for Dummies".... :hyst:

Offline E.T.

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 883
  • Cred: 87
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Re: D.I.Y. Baby Skiff for Dams and Estuaries
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »
try this don't think you could go wrong with the price
http://witbank.olx.co.za/fishing-boat-for-sale-iid-610025435


Not a bad price, thanks for sharing w;k

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal